Parallels isn't working for OverWatch

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KelseyK, May 25, 2016.

1. KelseyK

KelseyK Bit poster

The game glitches and lags really hardcore and is unplayable.

Anyone have this game and use Parallels? If you do please let me know what your experience is.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello KelseyK,
    The Games Only profile is designed for Parallels Desktop users who use Windows mainly for gaming.
    When the Games Only profile is chosen, the virtual machine will have the maximum recommended memory (the green zone of the Memory slider under Configure > Hardware > CPU & Memory) and 512 Mb of video memory. Most of the integration features will be disabled, but your mouse and keyboard will be optimized for games. The startup view will be set to Full Screen.
    Shut down your Windows virtual machine.
    Open your virtual machine's Configuration -> General tab, and click Change next to the Configure for: option and to choose "Games"
    Start your virtual machine to make sure the new settings were applied successfully.

3. KelseyK

KelseyK Bit poster

Okay I contacted Blizzard directly because I tried literally everything you can possible think of when it comes to Parallels, and we discovered that Parallels is running a older version of Direct X? this cannot be right is it? They told me I need Direct X 11 and I'm running 10?

Is there anyway I can please get Direct X 11 with Parallels?

4. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KelseyK,
    Parallels Desktop can support upto DirectX 10.1
    Check this article for more information about this.

5. Keith1

Keith1 Bit poster

Kelsey,
    Do some research in the forums, Parallels has been saying for years, yes years! that they are "working on direct x" all they keep saying is please check out our news letter. Do yourself and your peers a favor, tell everyone not to purchase this product until they get their act together!!!!