Noob looking for help...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gary Learned, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Gary Learned

Gary Learned Bit poster

I just got a MBP, and a copy of Parallels. As I have one game which isn't running clean in coherence mode yet, I need to run it from Boot Camp. I understand with 3.0, there are ways to escape the double activation of windows game. I've seen several posts referencing this, but no clear direction as to how to do it yet.

I am running my MBP wireless as opposed to with wired ethernet if that makes any difference.

Can someone point me to the definitive cocktail napkin?

Thanks
    Gary

2. bick4d

bick4d Junior Member

Newbie2
    I have no need for MS or Parallels except for the fact that USA construction industry uses MS Projects ( part of MS Office suite ) to create schedules for construction projects!
    Finder says I have Parallels 3214/2.5
    How does one upgrade to 3.0 ?

Have given this VM no use to date. Have loaded MS Projects on VM ( Parallels platform ) and now wish to bring a MSProjects file into the VM destop where I can open in MSProjects and vice versa for revisions and return by email in MacOS email program. I do not want to have to create an email ( Outlook Express ) set up on VM ( Parallels platform ) in order to do this. How can I drag this file from MacOS desktop into VM desktop ? When I tried it bounced back to MacOS desktop.
    Also seeking how to post new thread or post instead of just " quick reply " on this sight.
    Thanks

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Gary,
    Never had an issue with activation persist for Windows XP, and I have installed a bunch of VMs now. I really don't remember my process as I am moving away from BC now, but I think I get Parallels and BootCamp installed prior to activation.

Bick,
    Enable sharing via your configuration panel, or use shared folders.

As to creating a new thread, go to the forum view, and just click the orange 'plus' button that is underneath the forum title.

4. bick4d

bick4d Junior Member

There's Forum Jump, Post Quick Reply, Go Advanced ......etc..........but no Forum View and orange plus button.

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

You need to go to the forum view.