Windows 10 Hibernate and Sleep (in Boot Camp) don't work anymore!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by takabanana, Jul 18, 2016.

1. takabanana

takabanana Bit poster

This used to work just a few months ago, but now, when my Boot Camp Windows 10 goes to sleep/hibernate - it seems to actually do a full shutdown. As in, I see it doing a Sleep or Hibernate, but when I turn it on, Windows starts back up from scratch, and my Chrome always says "Restore Tabs?" as if the machine was "force shut down" (like holding the power button down to turn off).

I *THINK* it started happening after I upgraded to the latest Parallels 11 (and related Tools) - but I am not 100% sure

Any ideas where I can look to fix this? I can't figure it out! :-(

I do run Parallels 11 every once in a while from the Mac side (using the Boot Camp partition), but 80% of the time, I am in Boot Camp - and it's very annoying not being able to Hibernate or Sleep (even if my Windows Settings say to do so). FYI - I do always make sure to fully shut down Windows (Boot Camp partition) when I am using Parallels from the Mac side.

I do have the latest version of Parallels and also made sure my Boot Camp Windows Drivers are up-to-date via Apple Software Update on the Windows side.
    I am on a Macbook Pro with Retina
    Any help would be appreciated!!

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Takabanana,

I understand that you want to Pause the Boot camp virtual machine while it is running,

Windows running from Boot Camp has the following limitations:

It can't be paused.
    It can't be saved as a snapshot.
    It can't run in Safe Mode.
    It can't be compressed.

If you pause or stop the virtual machine, it is considered as a shutdown and it may cause corruption in Windows OS,
    hence we request you to save all the unsaved work, before you shutdown the Bootcamp virtual machine.

3. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please clarify us whether Native Bootcamp or Parallels Bootcamp virtual machine is not entering into Hibernate or Sleep mode.

4. Konstantin4

Konstantin4 Bit poster

Sorry for my bad English, but what did you mean by word "corruption"? Did you mean that i will have to reinstall windows after corruption?