Mouse Jumps to Top Right of Screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Rehan1, May 18, 2016.

1. Rehan1

Rehan1 Bit poster

I have a gaming mouse which has a high sensitivity. It works most of the time, except when it suddenly jumps to the top right corner of the screen when I am clicking. This has the unfortunate side effect that I end up closing the window I had opened. This is unbelievably frustrating.

I have two monitors and the latest version of Parallels installed. These are the relevant settings I am using:
    • Options
      • Full Screen
        • Active Screen Corners - All corners are set to '-'
      • Use all displays in full screen is on
    • Hardware
      • Mouse & Keyboard
        • Mouse: Optimize for Games

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

HI Rehan1, follow the steps below:
    1. Go to Actions > Configure > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard and check if 'mouse pointer sticks at window edges' is enabled.
    2. Reinstall Parallels Tools manually and check if it helps.

3. LeoM1

LeoM1 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. I use the optimize for games option too because I prefer it's better response to clicks, but the sudden jumping of the mouse cursor is driving me crazy. Parallels please fix this!

4. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi LeoM1, could you please submit a Report ID/ Technical Data and provide us the 9-digit report ID number. We'll check and help you.

5. AdolfoM1

AdolfoM1 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. I use the optimize for games option too because some programs don't work properly without this option, but the sudden jumping of the mouse cursor is driving me crazy.
    I need a solution!

6. LeoM1

LeoM1 Bit poster

When are they fixing this problem. It's not any better in version 12!

7. LeoM1

LeoM1 Bit poster

I submitted a technical data report prior to posting. Do I need to repost again?

8. LeoM1

LeoM1 Bit poster

Here is the report ID/technical data 113777403

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Guys, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build http://kb.parallels.com/123948 Latest version always available here: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

10. LeoM1

LeoM1 Bit poster

I tried the updated version yesterday and it did reinstall parallels tools, but it didn't seem to improve the issue. The mouse still periodically jumps to the top right after continued use.

11. MacA2

MacA2 Bit poster

I'm interested to know if this issue (mouse pointer jumping to the upper right corner) was ever resolved with a more recent update in Parallels 12? I've also been dealing with this problem. I have P11.

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi LeoM1, please check out the instructions mentioned in the steps below:
    1. Shut Down virtual machine.
    2. Open Virtual Machine configuration
    3. Go to Hardware > Boot Order > and paste in Boot Flags box:
    video.hw_pointer=0

basic likes this.
  13. DiegoE2

DiegoE2 Bit poster

Still having this problem was there ever a solution posted?

14. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?
    Did you try instructions above?

15. BobS14

BobS14 Bit poster

I am running Catalina 10.15.7 and Parallels 16.5.1 - this cursor jumping issue has just begun happening for me. The little bit of code mentioned above "video.hw_pointer=0" is utterly useless, what it does is make the cursor invisible! An actual fix for this issue is appreciated.

16. basic

basic Bit poster

This still works in April 2022 on a Fedora 35 ws just installed. Going to try it on my Ubuntu 22.04 which was also just installed. Thank you.
    (now to figure out my Parallel Tools install issue, but thats low priority)