Upgrading Parallels 8 to 11 activation key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AJA, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AJA

AJA Bit poster

Upgrading from 8 to 11 and when I enter the Parallels 11 key all is good, but the message below says "You have entered an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from previous version." I have my activation key from Parallels 8 and enter it but the key doesn't work and says invalid. I log into my Parallels account and the key is correct on all my records. How do I fix this?
    Thank you

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license keys and the reference number for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Upgrade in private messages.

3. francoisn

francoisn Bit poster

Same here guys... Same issue. Wish I knew and saved myself a headache. Can I please have a link to buy the full version ?

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @francoisn, we see that you have already contacted Parallels Support to get it corrected. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

5. ChrisP4

ChrisP4 Bit poster

I also have the same issue, however in my case, I have Desktop 7. I followed the directions for getting the 1-Time purchase upgrade to 11, paid the $49.99, got the license code, and installed the software. When I put in code for 11, it asked for the previous code. I put in the Activation code I have for Desktop 7 and it says it's invalid. I followed your workflow, and yet I'm denied from the upgrade. I need this resolved as this is a work computer.

6. KellieM

KellieM Bit poster

I have the exact same issue. I received notices that I could upgrade to 11 for $49. I upgraded today and now it won't accept my Parallels 8 activation key. Now what? My hands are tied and I'm SUPER frustrated. Please help.

7. eric10

eric10 Bit poster

I also have the similar issue, however in my case, I have a expired trial Desktop 11 (and I lost my trial activation key).
    I followed the instruction to purchase an upgrade version with $49.99.
    The activation key of trial version is requested when I try to active the newly install.
    I do not know if I need to buy a full function package.
    Please help to advise.

8. ChrisP4

ChrisP4 Bit poster

I've noticed that there really hasn't been a response to this issue on the thread. I finally discovered this article that shows how to contact Technical Support a variety of ways - as long as you haven't had your new version for too long:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/6571

I've used it to try to reach support via email form.

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Dear ChrisP4, Customers who are using Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Please provide the order number for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac upgrade in a private message, so that we could help you!

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Eric10, Customers who are using Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Please provide the order number for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac upgrade in a private message, so that we could help you!

11. adam.kawkarmcad.edu

adam.kawkarmcad.edu Bit poster

Ok I am having the same issues. I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 11 from 8, trial session has expired. Parallels 11 key works, but Parallels previous version does not. Too old of a key or what?

12. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi, Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Please provide the order number for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac upgrade or your email address in a private message, so that we could help you!