Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Michael_Springfield

Michael_Springfield Bit poster

This is exactly why I am no longer using Parallels. While Parallels is probably a superior product their licensing policy caused me to move to VMWare Fusion. I have 5 Macs in my household. 3 of which I need to run Windows or other VMs on. Parallels requiring a single license per computer is costing me $150/upgrade. VMWare allows one license to be installed on as many computers as I own as long as I am not installing it in a business environment costing me $50/upgrade. I used Parallels from Version 3 all the way through Version 9. I would love to come back to Parallels but as long as it is costing me 3x as much I won't be. I have written to customer support several times telling them this and have only gotten "we will pass it along".

2. mysticcoder

mysticcoder Junior Member

I am having this problem of not being able to enter my license, even though I removed it using the "Sign Out" option from another machine. I have recently been through hell with Apple replacing a string of faulty iMac's which has led me to obviously choking up my license. Can you please reset my key? This is very frustrating.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Mysticcoder,
    Please check your private message and respond.
    Thanks,
    Guna

4. BrandonL2

BrandonL2 Bit poster

Hi Parallels, I am running into the same issue after Apple had to replace my defective Macbook. 'Reached maximum activations'. Can you please reset my license key? I won't be able to get my work complete unless I can get into my virtual machine. Thanks!

5. Guna@Parallels

Hi BrandonL2,

6. CarlosR4

CarlosR4 Bit poster

Hi Parallels,
    I have sign-out of Parallels on my old Mac and have uninstall it as well. However, I am running into the same issue after I reinstall Parallels in my new Macbook. 'Reached maximum activations'. Can you please reset my license key? Thanks!

7. Guna@Parallels

Hi @CarlosR4

8. ChristianE3

ChristianE3 Bit poster

Hi Guna, I'm getting the same issue. Can you help?

9. Guna@Parallels

Hi @ChristianE3 ,
    Definitely, please check your private message and respond.

10. JeffM4

JeffM4 Bit poster

I am in the same boat, as my Mac died. So, I need to foresee my computer dying, and remember to log out of parallels, before it crashes and has to be replaced? Why can't you let us manage our activations online. This is stupid!

11. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello JeffM4,
    We have reset your license. This error appears when you activate Parallels Desktop on multiple machines. Managing your Parallels Desktop license is available in business edition.

12. juanr2

juanr2 Bit poster

Am having the same issue after restarting my computer, please help!!!!!

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello juanr2,

We have done the necessary changes, please try to activate Parallels Desktop on only one Mac.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

14. DavidJ11

DavidJ11 Bit poster

Hello, same problem here.
    After a repair and a new logic board i can´t use my parallels anymore becorse i reached the maximum activations...
    How can i reset those.

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello DavidJ11, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop 10 to reactivate with the same activation key. If the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

16. JeffM4

JeffM4 Bit poster

Yeah Geez David - failed logic board, you should have seen that coming. This is AWFUL. Parallels sent me a condescending email that I need a business license, but that they generously reset my limit, but they did not. I still have the "Activation limit" message.

I am not trying to activate it on multiple machines. I replaced a single machine and would like to reinstall it. I still cannot!! I first ran Parallels when I purchased my first Mac. But, this asinine system does not encourage me to purchase another license, it encourages me to switch to Fusion.

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi JeffM4,

Can you please confirm the version of Parallels Desktop you are trying to use?

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

18. JeffM4

JeffM4 Bit poster

Parallels 9.

19. Guna@Parallels

We have reset the activation key. Please try to activate and keep us posted.

20. Eduardo2

Eduardo2 Bit poster

Hi All - I have replaced my old mac book pro with a new brand machine. I uninstalled parallels from the old machine and did a clean install in the new one but I got the "you have reached the maximum activations." message when I enter my Parallels Desktop 10 license key. Can you please help me?