Win 10/Visual Studio 2015 zooms when I hit Cmd+F or Cmd+S

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SarahG1, Jul 19, 2016.

1. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

I'm using a trial of Parallels 11 on a MacBook Pro running El Capitan, with Windows 10 Home as the guest PC. I've turned off all keyboard shortcuts except for one that maps the command key to the ctrl key on Windows. When I run Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, every time I refocus on the editor window and then hit Cmd+F, Cmd+S, or most any other key combination starting with the command key, the editor zooms in or out to a random degree. I've tried turning off all zooming keyboard shortcuts in Visual Studio to no avail. All I can think of is that it's somehow triggering the pinch zoom. Any ideas?

2. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @SarahG1,
    Please try the followings steps to change the keyboard shortcuts preferences,
    1. Open Parallels Desktop preferences, Parallels Icon->Preferences.
    2. Go to 'Shortcuts' and select 'System Shortcuts'.
    3. Change the 'Send System Shortcuts' option to 'On Condition' from the drop down menu.
    4. Restart the Windows and check if you can use the required shortcuts.
    You could refer to this link for screenshots of the Preferences window. Let us know how it works.

3. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

I currently have Send System Shortcuts set to "Never." I don't see an "On Condition" option, just Auto, Always, and Never.

Attached Files:

4. Sasti@Parallels

Select Auto and check if that fixes this issue.

5. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

Seems to be working. Thank you!

6. Sasti@Parallels

Great! You're welcome. Feel free to reach out to us any time.

7. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

Hmm... I spoke too soon. After hours of no problems, it's starting to act up again.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  8. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

Any ideas? I've tried 'Auto' and 'Always' - both cause the random zooming to be less frequent than with 'Never' but it still happens regularly.

9. Sasti@Parallels

Please try reinstalling Parallels tools as suggested in this article and let us know if the issue persists.

10. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

I tried that, and it's still happening - even after the most recent Parallels/Parallels Tools update. So annoying! Hopefully I can get this figured out before my trial period runs out...

11. SarahG1

SarahG1 Bit poster

Okay, I think the problem is in the Command key to Ctrl key mapping:
    Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 12.59.54 PM.png
    Occasionally when I press Command after switching to Visual Studio, the display zooms in or out.

Also, mapping Command -> Ctrl does not map Shift+Command -> Shift+Ctrl, and creating a separate entry for that mapping doesn't work, so I have to create individual command mappings.