multiple windows drives created after virtual drive corrupted

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LornaW, Jul 21, 2016.

1. LornaW

LornaW Bit poster

Recently I had to reload and tune up the parallels after the virtual drive was corrupted. I moved the PVM and deleted and reinstalled the Parallels. Now my wife has multiple Windows drives created, her windows program is not registered, when it was, and there is sort of a mess. She relies on windows to run one specifi program, on Windows NT for her work.
    I followed this link for repair initially, http://kb.parallels.com/en/113241

THANKS

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi LornaW,
    Could you please share few screenshots of the issue along with a problem report ID number?

3. LornaW

LornaW Bit poster

110511375 is the number. There were more drives loaded at one point too. Eve thing is still just unregistered.

Attached Files:

4. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi LornaW,
    Thank you for the info. We could see that you have mounted the virtual hard drive to Finder and your Windows is running with Coherence view mode.
    * Remove " Windows 7 c drive" from Finder : Right click > Remove from side bar
    * Uncheck " Access Windows folder from Mac " from Configure > option > Sharing
    Later you can exit Coherence view mode from top menu bar : View > Exit Coherence and let us know how it works.
    Thanks.

5. LornaW

LornaW Bit poster

How does this help with the key for windows and microsoft office becoming invalid.

6. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @LornaW,
    Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office program from Windows virtual machine and check how it goes.