Classic Shell under Windows 10 under Parallels Version 11.2.1 (32626)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Ian5, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Ian5

Ian5 Junior Member

I have just upgraded my iMac with latest OSX el Capitan to Windows 10 under Parallels Version 11.2.1 (32626). I have installed Classic Shell 4.2.7 (or 4.2.5c).
    When I call up Windows in Coherence mode I cant see the Classic Shell start button or menus. In non coherence I can.

Is there a setting or fix I am missing?

Cheers
    Ian

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Ian,
    Please perform the steps outlined at this article if you had already tried solution from KB #118611 and KB #118612
    If the issue still persist, post us problem report ID number reproducing the issue along with some screen shots of the error message if any.
    Thanks, Dhana.

3. Ian5

Ian5 Junior Member

Hi Dhana,
    I tried your suggested fixes and no difference even with Classic Shell 4.3.0. Still no Classic Shell under coherence.

Cheers
    Ian

Coherence
    Win 10 Star Capture.jpg

Non coherence
    Win 10 Shell Capture.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Ian, in Coherence mode, the Windows icon on the Mac dock acts as the start menu. Hence, Classic Shell will not function in this view mode. However, you can additionally set 'Show Taskbar' while running Windows in Coherence. Click on Parallels icon on Mac menu bar > View > Hide or Show Windows Taskbar option from the menu and choose Show Taskbar. This will give you the start menu icon in Coherence mode that is available in non-Coherence modes.