Windows opening unexpectedly

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by EKayeW, Jul 8, 2016.

1. EKayeW

EKayeW Junior Member

I'm running El Capitain and Parallels Desktop 11 with Windows 10. All are the latest versions. Lately, while working in an application with the iOS (like Lightroom or Word), Windows will just suddenly attempt to open. The entire screen goes gray, blocking out the window I'm working on. If I click several times on the gray screen, a white screen will appear then after a little more clicking, a Windows opening screen will appear, then the Windows sign-in screen. Once I enter the password, the original iOS application comes back and I can continue working. Occasionally this will happen as I wake the computer from 'sleep' except it goes directly to the Windows screen then the sign in screen and then, after signing in, directly to the iOS desktop. Thanks for any advice.

Kaye

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hello Kaye, disable Windows to start automatically from startup and shutdown and check if it helps.

3. EKayeW

EKayeW Junior Member

Thank you. I disabled the start automatically and after a few days it is doing it again. Any other ideas?

4. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @EKayeW
    Try the below steps and check if that helps you
    1. Uninstall Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac using PDRemove.zip
    2. Run First Aid on Macintosh Hard Drive
    Open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/)
    Select your Mac OS X startup volume (Macintosh HD by default) in the column on the left of the Disk Utility window, then click the First Aid tab.
    3. Reinstall Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac

5. EKayeW

EKayeW Junior Member

I'm ready to follow these directions, but am wondering if I will loose my configuration settings and preferences. Are those settings for Parallels Desktop or for Windows? FYI: about a month ago I did a incident phone support session concerning a problem I was having with coherence mode. Could something done then be causing the issue of Windows opening unexpectedly and when waking from 'sleep'?

6. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please follow the steps and let us know if the issue still persists.

7. NeenaT

NeenaT Bit poster

This is a usual problem and i suffer this type of problem during essay writing works. It was a suffering situation and i completed my works with the help of
    research paper writing service reviews. I think the problem of unexpected opening of windows may due to some technical problem. You first check your system by the help of an operator and find solution.

8. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi NeenaT, Isolate Windows from Mac and check if Windows automatically starts while working on Mac.