Where did kaspersky download go? (newbie)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FrankD1, Jul 31, 2016.

1. FrankD1

FrankD1 Bit poster

Just installed Parallels 11 - so very new to the Parallels virtual machine. Loaded Windows fine, and Microsoft stuff also...

Selected the Install Internet Security drop down inside Windows 10.1 in Parallels on my iMac: the Kaspersky download screen showed a successful download, however, the installation screen did not pop up to run the install.

Tried several times, and still no install screen popping up as shown in the online guides. Looked around my "C:" drive, but did not find the install program, and did not find it in Downloads.

Would like to get the Kaspersky software installed - Any thoughts or help will be appreciated!

2. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @FrankD1,
    Please let us know if you tried to install Kaspersky on Mac host or Windows virtual machine.

3. FrankD1

FrankD1 Bit poster

on Virtual Machine

4. FrankD1

FrankD1 Bit poster

Assuming that when I click on Windows 10 1 and the Install Internet Security..., I am in the Virtual Machine

5. Sasti@Parallels

Please try uninstalling Parallels Desktop and reinstalling Parallels Desktop. You could get the latest Parallels Desktop 11 here. Check if you can install the Kaspersky and let us know.

6. Sasti@Parallels

Yes. That is how it is installed on the selected virtual machine.

7. FrankD1

FrankD1 Bit poster

Uninstall Parallels? This is a new install...

8. Sasti@Parallels

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Parallels Desktop will not affect your Parallels virtual machine files. Also, check if you have given enough resources to your virtual machine. Then, try the Kaspersky installation again and let us know how it works.

9. FrankD1

FrankD1 Bit poster

I installed Parallels tools, shut it all down, restarted, weirdly - and somehow it is now loading the Kaspersky files - unclear on what the tools may have had do do with it if anything... Maybe it was the restart...

10. Sasti@Parallels

Wonderful! You could refer to this page for information regarding Parallels tools. Let us know if you have more questions.

11. FrankD1

FrankD1 Bit poster

I did not have to uninstall - but I did load the tools, reboot, and all is working and Kaspersky is installed - so thank you for the assistance as whatever the thing that changed, something worked.

I did not see how to mark the thread as successful/complete?

12. Sasti@Parallels

You're welcome @FrankD1 and thank you for sharing your solution with us. You could only choose best answer(s) for a particular post.