Unable to find Windows 10 Boot Camp partition

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by edwardd20, Aug 4, 2016.

1. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

I did the sin of sins. I managed to have two changes at once.

My Mac SSD got corrupted so I restored from a TimeMachine backup. That restore went well. However I wasn't backing up my Parallel's VM's because it was bootcamp so VM that didn't get restored. When I started Parallels after the restore, I was told there was an update so I immediately applied the update. Now when I try to start Parallels I don't see Boot Camp as an option.

I read the article about manual configuration to specify the Boot Camp partition. I will first add that my SSD isn't Apple branded, it's OWC (if that matters). When I try to point to my Boot Camp partition, I get this message:
    Error: PRL_ERR_UNIMPLEMENTED (0x80000008)
    Path: '/Users/ed/Documents/Parallels/Windows 10.pvm/APPLE SSD SM768E (disk0).hdd'

For the record, I'm on Parallels Desktop 11.2.1 (32626).

I would appreciate any suggestions how to get my system back up and running.

Ed

2. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

3. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

4. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

Shame on me. I uninstalled Tuxera as mentioned in the article but I didn't restart my Mac because I wasn't told too. I restarted anyway and using the manual method, I was able to find Boot Camp!

5. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

We are glad that you were able to find the boot camp partition! We really appreciate your effort.