Mac Firewire connection not recognized/accessible in Windows 10 guest OS

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kuebler, Aug 9, 2016.

1. kuebler

kuebler Member

Hi, I'm using Parallels Desktop 11 with a Windows 10 guest OS. But when running a video capture program under Win10, then the camcorder connected to the Mac via Firewire is not found, although powered on and connected. Also under Devices/External Devices nothing similar is shown (only the Mac iSight HD camera).

What is wrong, what can I do? Thanks for help.

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Falk Kuebler,
    Check this link to use camcorder devices in Windows virtual machine. If the issue still persist, re-install Parallels Tools & let us know how it works.
    Thanks.

3. kuebler

kuebler Member

I re-installed Parallels Tools, and for testing I did both check and uncheck the "Share Mac camera with Windows" (BTW: this sound like influencing only the Mac builtin camera).

In both cases I found under Devices only the builtin Mac Facetime HD camera (also when having unchecked the above).

In both cases my firewire connected camera was not shown and thus not accessible by my Win10 capturing app.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello kuebler,

Parallels Desktop 11 does not support external devices connected via firewire / thunderbolt. Refer this article.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.