Bought v11 10 days ago, now I can upgrade to v12 for 50 euro?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by OlaA, Aug 18, 2016.

1. OlaA

OlaA Bit poster

I bought v11 10 days ago, now I can upgrade to v12 for 50 euro? That's borderline rude and probably the last time I want to buy this software whatsoever. :-(

2. Daniel_Zandian

Daniel_Zandian Bit poster

3. SimonB3

SimonB3 Bit poster

YEAH _ WELL DONT DO IT !!!!!!!
    Firstly - Ive been using P for Mac for 10 years - secondly I have just discovered that I HAVE NO IDEA how to contact support now ?
    After ugrading to 12 this morning it now tells me that avery time i start an app on win 10 that the machine is located somewhere else and that the app cant run - EVEN THOUGH IT DOES (eg win explorer) - If you then click on each app after having started it one the message disappears ...... everything works apart from this stupid annoying message - ....... If win 10 is closed down and restarted - then the message for each app will come up again. I have rediredcted it to the .pvm which is STILL in docs/parallels !!! - but still no good - restarted mac - still no good .......... NOW IM REGRETTING spending £35 on this upgrade !!!! - anyone ???? seeing as Parallels Suppoit does not seemingly exist !!!!!!!!!

4. OlaA

OlaA Bit poster

I'm not sure how it works. I have one key bought a couple of months ago, and one recently bought. Both are listed together without dates thou.
    What gives?

5. OlaA

OlaA Bit poster

It seems they separated my keys now, so the upgrade works.

6. WilliamL8

WilliamL8 Bit poster

I got my copy of 11 two months ago and now they telling me to upgrade to 12 for $50? I just can't keep up with the software no more. They shouldn't have to charge you everytime there is a new Mac or Windows update. I'll need to put a mortgage on the house just for parallels updates lol.

7. OlaA

OlaA Bit poster

I'm actually fine with paying for a big upgrade, but not 10 days after buying the product. Now I got the one I was supposed to get for free, and the other one I paid for. That's ok.

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Great! Parallels Desktop 11 Tech guarantee offers a free upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

9. WilliamL8

WilliamL8 Bit poster

Hi I'm interested. What do I need to do to upgrade to 12? When is the cutoff period of purchase to qualify for a free 12 update?

10. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello WilliamL8,
    Customers who purchased and activated a copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2016 through October 31, 2016, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions.

11. NathanD1

NathanD1 Bit poster

I feel the same way. When I was considering the purchase, I specifically asked the Sales department if they were planning to bring out a version 12 soon, because I would prefer to wait for the new version if they were. They emphatically told me "no," and that even if they did, I would be covered by the Tech Guarantee.

Then, less than 2 months later, what happens? You guessed it! Parallels comes out with a new version, explicitly contradicting what Sales said about a new version, and not only that, but the Tech Guarantee only covered me if I had purchased in the previous 2 weeks or so, which is a shorter time period than even Apple gives.

I feel like this is a very underhanded business practice, and puts a very bad taste in my mouth regarding the consideration of future Parallels purchases.

12. WilliamL8

WilliamL8 Bit poster

Not any good for me, the window of purchase should go back two months more or not charge for every single time there is an update. Imagine if Apple charged us for every iOS update or Mac update. Bad business practice in my book.

13. WilliamL8

WilliamL8 Bit poster

I feel EXACTLY the same way. It's America someone will sue sooner or later.