Disable launch at login

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by ben-boomtime, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ben-boomtime

ben-boomtime Bit poster

A preference needs to be added that prevents Parallels Toolbox from added itself to com.apple.loginitems.plist when it launches.

Please go put some conditional logic around addAppToLoginItems and launchAtLogin.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    For correct working of all tools Parallels Toolbox must be launched. This is the reason why Parallels Toolbox adds himself into Login Items.
    If you don't plan to use Parallels Toolbox, just remove it from Login Items.

3. ben-boomtime

ben-boomtime Bit poster

I understand that it needs to be running for some of the tools to function. I agree that there are many useful utilities in the toolbox. I just don't want to have to remove it from my login items every time I run and quit it to prevent it from auto launching.

It would be a rather simple preference to add to keep it from auto launching to make it work for people who want to selectively launch it for their personal styles of working.

Parallels Desktop is full of useful features also and it has an option to start at login or not and so should the toolbox.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

What tools from Parallels Toolbox are you planning to use?
    Actually only Alarm and Stopwatch tools require running Parallels Toolbox application. You can use other tools as standalone applications and launch them from Finder/Launchpad/Dock/Spotlight.
    Note that if you don't launch Parallels Toolbox application then it will not add himself into Login Items.

Dmitry@Parallels and alev like this.
  5. ben-boomtime

ben-boomtime Bit poster

I suppose that would be my preferred method of using most of the tools then. Thanks.