Internet Explorer Problems

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by wate8091, Sep 9, 2007.

1. wate8091

wate8091 Bit poster

I am using MacBook Pro (Intel) with Parallels 3.0 and cannot get Internet Explorer to connect to the internet. I get page not found when trying to connect to Microsoft page or any other. I can get e-mail through Outlook, so some connections to Internet are working.

I am using Virtual Networking, but have tried all other configurations.

I ahve tried turning off the firewall, but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

2. Jon Richardson

Jon Richardson Member

Unfortunately, I can't offer a solution, but I can confirm that I also have now started to get a problem with Internet Explorer 7. It freezes on launch and can only be terminated by using ctr+alt+del to end the task.

This started to happen about 2 weeks ago, and I suspect that a recent Windows update may have done something which affects IE in Parallels. All other networking is fully functional (email, file sharing, VPN connections, etc.. all working ok).

I have restored my HD Image from a backup which I took on 30th August, and all works fine again.

After applying various Windows maintenance, IE starts freezing again. Looks like some ActiveX issue.

Environment:

Windows XP Pro SP2 with all MS fixes applied.
    Parallels 3.0 (4560) on MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.10 using Bridged Ethernet on the VM.

I, like you, am looking for someone to suggest an explanation.