Cant connect to shared drive on OSX server

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Roger12, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Roger12

Roger12 Bit poster

I have multiple iMac's all running 10.11.6 with Parallels 11 and Windows 10.

One machine cant see the shared drive on the server.
    I spend more than an hour checking and restarting to no avail.

Right clicking on the Explorer and "Map the drive" doesn't reveil the shared drive on this virtual machine.
    Its perfectly accessible on the OSX side but I just want show up in the Windows virtual machine.

Please help!

Thanks!

Rogier

2. Hi @Roger12, please provide us with your troubleshooting steps? Did you try to ping your server? And what about other Macs, are they see the shared drive?

3. Roger12

Roger12 Bit poster

Other Mac's have no problem seeing the shared drive in Windows running under Parallels 10 + 11

• Trouble shooting so far (multiple repeats)
    • Update and Reboot the virtual machine
    • Update and Reboot the Mac
    • Opened Windows Explorer, right clicked on the shared drive and selected Map.. (sorry I don't know the exact therms for windows as I am not at the office at one of these machines)
    • Unable to see the shared drive.
    • Disabled all firewalls
    • Enabled sharing in OSX
    • 100+1 little fiddle things in windows...

Again; the shared drive is perfectly accessible in finder on the same Mac! Its not a network or authentication issue for this user on this machine.
    Its the connection between the virtual machine and osx. All other files on the Mac side like the desktop are all available in the virtual machine. Just cant get this drive to show up.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rogier

4. And how about Parallels Tools reinstallation? Did you try it?

5. Also did you try to add "customer folder" from the VM configuration?

6. Roger12

Roger12 Bit poster

Not yet, I would have to interrupt the employee's work for to long.

7. Roger12

Roger12 Bit poster

Never heard of that, will check out tomorrow.

8. Let us know the results, please.

9. Roger12

Roger12 Bit poster

Reinstalling the Tools did the trick.

10. kagp

kagp Bit poster

Reinstalling the Tools did not work for me. I'm simply trying to connect to a network drive that is already connected on the Macintosh desktop. The network drive does not show up in the "This PC" window on the Windows 10 VM.

However, another network drive that was already mapped (since about a year ago) does show up and is accessible. Which shows that this USED to work.

Am I going to have to buy Parallels 12 in order to get this to work? I'm using Parallels 11 right now, most recent Update.

11. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @kagp
    Is your virtual machine is connected to Bridged> default adapter settings?