Parallels Desktop 12

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by StephenF3, Aug 20, 2016.

1. StephenF3

StephenF3 Bit poster

With Parallels desktop 12 in Coherence running Mac OS X 10.11.6 I get the windows toolbar showing at the bottom of the screen. I can't seem to find how to stop this. Anyone?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

3. Jasper1

Jasper1 Bit poster

Hi,

I am a student and new to parallel Desktop. I'm currently using trial version of version 11 and planning to purchase the license.

I saw if i upgrade to version 12, i need to pay $49 instead of $79 but i concern that do i entitle for the upgrade as i am currently using the trial version.
    The key reason to use version 12 is for money saving only.

4. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @Jasper1,
    The upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12($49.99) is only available if you have a paid version of Parallels Desktop 10/11.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Jasper1,
    If you wish to save money, you can buy a Student version. Refer to this article.

6. AnthonyC2

AnthonyC2 Junior Member

I had the PD10 upgrade to PD11 in Oct 2015, am I entitle to free upgrade to PD12?

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi AnthonyC2,
    We have checked and found you are not eligible for free upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12. Refer to this page for eligibility.

8. AnthonyC2

AnthonyC2 Junior Member

I upgraded my PD10 to PD11 on 5 Oct 2015. I suppose I am eligible for free upgrade after reading the link you provided. Can you specifically tell me why I am not eligible?
    Please advise.
    Thanks

9. AnthonyC2

AnthonyC2 Junior Member

Oh, only eligible for Tech Guarantee! not upgrade.........

10. Cowabunga

Cowabunga Bit poster

According your tech page 123874, I would receive an email 7 working days following the release of PD12. It has been 10 days. I am afraid my trial will expire before I get my PD12 key. I purchased PD11 on September 23, 2015 at 11:45:47 AM EDT. Again, According your tech page 123874 that is within the time period that qualifies for an upgrade. According to my Parallels account, My copy of PD11 was indeed registered on September 23, 2015. When can I expect to receive the promised email with my key?

11. alex24

alex24 Bit poster

hey does anyone know when i try to install its asking to create admit but not letting me any idea what to do

12. Petr H

Petr H Bit poster

13. Cowabunga

Cowabunga Bit poster

You are right. Thanks for seeing my mistake. Bummer

14. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Please clarify whether you're trying to install Parallels Desktop or Windows. Also, please share a few screenshot of the error message,we'll check and help you out!