After upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 can't open IE or Chrome browsers in Win 7 VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CraigH3, Aug 24, 2016.

1. CraigH3

CraigH3 Bit poster

After an upgrade to PD 12 and installation of Parallels Toolbar, my Windows 7 VM will not open the Chrome or IE browsers. Clicking the shortcut just causes an hourglass cursor to appear for a few seconds, then disappear but no browser opens. Network connections and internet connectivity show as active and no problems. Windows Update and Norton Security Online can access the internet from their native icons. It's just that I can't get the browsers to respond. Both worked with the previous version of Parallels Desktop.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi CraigH3, could you please provide us with the following info for the further investigation:
    1. Problem report (using this KB) after the issue reproduction
    2. Detailed steps for reproduce

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello CraigH3, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build http://kb.parallels.com/123948 Latest version always available here: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

4. AlainR1

AlainR1 Bit poster

mac os sierra parallel access 12 windows 7 random reboot. Since I upgrade to parallel 12 and MacOS Sierra, I get a constant reboot 5-6...everyday

5. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @AlainR1
    Please create an empty virtual machine and map the existing hard disk to the empty virtual machine and observe the behaviour. Please check this KB article for more information.