Parallels Desktop 12 announced and no DX11!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by imacken, Aug 18, 2016.

1. imacken

imacken Hunter

No DX11. Seriously? How long is this going to take?
    Looking at the headline features in PD12 - Sierra ready (PD11 works fine!), folder performance 25% faster (what does that even mean?), password protect files - gives no incentive whatsoever to upgrade.
    Very disappointing.

2. RozhkovI

RozhkovI Bit poster

Yeee... Parallels lol 7 years and still no dx11 support.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Guys, I would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution.

4. imacken

imacken Hunter

PaulChris@Parallels, I can only assume this is some kind of sick joke!
    Let me jog your memory:
    From https://forum.parallels.com/threads/parallels-desktop-11-and-directx-11.329342/ over the last 10 months
    There are others, but honestly, how do you guys keep a straight face when replying on these forums? Just the same generated replies over and over again.
    In the above thread, one of you said that you were working hard to put DX11 into the upcoming version.
    A total farce! How long has DX11 been out now, 9 years? Don't tell me, 'your Development team is working on a solution to this'!
    p2.jpeg p4.jpeg p5.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. imacken

imacken Hunter

I don't know why, but attachments to my post above aren't showing so I'm trying again! These are just a few! p1.jpeg p1.jpeg p2.jpeg

6. imacken

imacken Hunter

Can someone from Parallels just tell us why your Development team has been working on this for years, and the user has seen no progress?
    Is there a technical issue that is not allowing it to happen, or is your dev team just totally incompetent?

7. RozhkovI

RozhkovI Bit poster

I think, that that Parallels do not work on dx11.
    They just copy-paste https://www.winehq.org/winapi_stats

p.s. dx11 support only 13% ready. So, we can relax and forget about dx11 in Parallels