Parallels 12 Documents, Desktop, Music, etc. Libraries

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chicagot, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

I point my libraries to my mac
    • Documents points to (\\Mac\Home\Documents)
    • Desktop
    • etc
    This allows one set of files on both the Mac and Windows. It has worked fine all the way through P11, but it's not working in P12. I tried reseting the "locations" in Windows 10, but P12 rejects the change. If I traverse the files, it sees them fine in the File Explorer, so this is very strange.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Chicagot, do yo have Parallels Tools installed on Windows 10? If not please update Parallels Tools as mentioned in this article.

3. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

I did - but that didn't fix it. I can use the file explorer to get to the files - so the VM does see them. At boot time, it just has this issue. Went back to v11 for now, which works totally fine.

4. If you would like to, we can continue the investigation. But we need a bit more information, for example step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce this issue on our test environments, screenshots and etc.
    Are you ready to continue investigation? If yes, please just reply us.

5. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Yes - it's very strange.

Can we do this via email?

6. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

i had a similar issue after using a snapshot that was taken with parallels desktop 11. I had to reinstall parallels tools in my VM's after updating and everything went back to normal

7. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Thanks - did reinstall, but that didn't fix it. And, dropping back to 11 works just fine.

8. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello All,
    Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version is always available here . Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

9. DustinHullett

The hot fix has solved most issues I had but the Acronis option is still not showing in my parallels desktop menu from the drop down menu. The option to backup with acronyms true image is simply not there? I do have an open ticket on this 2304477. Just curious if you have had a chance to look into this yet.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  10. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Thanks for not thinking I was crazy and for the quick fix. Will test it later today.

11. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

No change - same problem. Back to Parallels 11...

12. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Any news on this - stuck in v11 until this is solved. Thanks.

13. DustinHullett

Could you post a screen shot of your sharing and applications Settings for your VM?
    Please be sure to expand the advanced tab also when capturing the screen. Im going to try to reproduce the issue myself. Thanks for your patience

14. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Just upgraded again - same issue - here are the screen shots

Wonder what it is - as soon as I back down to P11, it's fine.

Attached Files:

15. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Parallels support - any ideas on this?

16. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Chicagot,,
    The issue could have happened if Parallels shared profile link is broken. Check this link and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

17. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Nope - no change. And, when I drop back to P11, everything is fine.

18. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

19. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Problem ID: 116345542
    To add some additional context - decided to build a new VM starting with P12 (not an upgrade) - exact same situation.

20. Chicagot

Chicagot Bit poster

Any news?