Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Eduardo2
    We have reset the activation key. Please follow the below steps to activate
    1. Open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    2. Restart Parallels Desktop.

2. ThomasO3

ThomasO3 Bit poster

Hi - I am having the same problem after replacing my Mac and restoring from a backup. I'm running Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. Can you please reset my activation key?
    Thanks,
    Tom

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello Eduardo2,

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

4. ThomasO3

ThomasO3 Bit poster

Hi Ajith,

I tried, but am still receiving the same error. The exact error message is, "Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new license." I received the same error message in Terminal when executing the command line. Please advise. Also note that my Parallels member name is Thomas03 (and not Eduardo2) so perhaps you changed someone else's activation key???

Thanks,

Tom

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi ThomasO3,

Try again and check, we have made changes.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

6. ThomasO3

ThomasO3 Bit poster

Thanks Ajith - it worked.
    Tom

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi ThomasO3,

Feel free to reach out anytime.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

8. WolfgangP1

WolfgangP1 Bit poster

Very frustrating.
    We upgrade computers relatively often and simply can't use Parallels 11 anymore.
    Like others I get the message "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    After reading the forum, I tried the Terminal command and got this: "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Your product activation key was blacklisted. Please contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

Frankly, this is an insult. I have switched from VMware Fusion to Parallels years ago, but this license protection scheme is more intrusive than software costing thousands of Dollars.

Please fix this! I need to use some Windows programs over the weekend!

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello WolfgangP1,

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.

10. DustinB1

DustinB1 Bit poster

Hi,

so I read the P11 thread which stated that there will be a dialog to 'Use on this mac' though it seems not to be implemented in P10.
    If you could do your magic on my key as well it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello DustinB1,
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

12. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Eduardo2,
    Please check your private message and respond.

13. ElvinL

ElvinL Bit poster

I've been unable to activate my license on a new Mac after deactivating on my old Mac. There should be no licenses for Parallels 11 in use but keep getting the "maximum activations" message.
    Please do whatever is required to reset my activation key so that it will work.
    Thanks.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi ElvinL,
    We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

15. ElvinL

ElvinL Bit poster

Thanks. That worked. Would be good to make is easier to find out how to fix this problem. Took too much of my time to get to this forum for a solution.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi ElvinL,
    Feel free to reach out anytime for support.

17. PawelS

PawelS Bit poster

Hi!
    I have the same problem. My old Mac is broken, and I'm not able to activate Parallels Desktop on new Mac restored from TimeMaschine. Can maybe someone have solution for that?

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello PawelS,

19. PawelS

PawelS Bit poster

It is working now! Thx!!

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi PawelS,
    Feel free to reach out any time for support.