No Parallels Tools install option

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gareth_Davies, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Gareth_Davies

Gareth_Davies Junior Member

I've just paid for Parallels 12 (which I'm not happy about but that's a separate issue).

Anyway, having paid I expect the software to work and not spend all of my time troubleshooting issues which aren't covered in the pages. My gripe is with Parallels for wanting to make money out of me year on year.

I see lots of people are having issues so any advice from others would be appreciated.

I'm using a WIndows 10 VM in Parallels 12 but can't share files between Windows and Mac despite all of the tick box settings be okay.

I notice that for some reason I don't have Parallels Tools installed and I can't install it - the option to do so is completely missing from the Actions menu. It's just not there. I've mounted the iso file from the Parallels installation folder to the virtual CD drive but no success.

Can anyone suggest anything?

2. Gareth_Davies

Reinstalled Parallels and now the Parallels Tools option is present but the External Devices option (Devices>External Devices) option is missing in Windows 10 VM but present in Windows 7 VM.

No support page describes this problem.

Infuriating.

3. Gareth_Davies

Solved with the help of Parallels Support - they're very good! I guess that's a good reason for having to pay (nearly) every year ;-)