Parallels Desktop 12 Can't print from Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristianH7, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ChristianH7

ChristianH7 Bit poster

I get this error message since i update to version 12

[​IMG]

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ChristianH7
    Go to Configure > Hardware Tab > Shared Printer > Uncheck " Show Page Setup before Printing " & let check with the issue.
    Thanks.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello ChristinaH7, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build http://kb.parallels.com/123948 Latest version always available here: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

4. Andre1

Andre1 Bit poster

I am sorry to inform you I have exactly the same issue as ChristinaH7 has despite the fact that I already updated the Hotfix 12.0.1-41296.
    The problem is the desparately need the "Page setup" show up before printing because that is the only way to make selective duplex printing possible for my device (attached to An AirportExpress). Strange thing is, after the update it first worked. But then I had to re-install the printer and from then on: same problem as before.
    The workaround to uncheck makes the printer print (not in duplex mode), but is not satisfactory for me at all. Therefor, do you have any further advice oder assistance you can provide?

PS: Parallels Tools were already updated as well.

5. ChristianH7

ChristianH7 Bit poster

Ok, I installed the latest Version (12.0.1-41296). Before I returned to Version 11. After installing version 12 inclusive Parallels Tools installation it works. When I started Parallels new, printing was not longer possible. The same Error.
    If I uncheck " Show Page Setup before Printing" it works, but this, can be in the best case a workaround, not a solution.
    Is there a solution in sight?
    Thanks

6. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello ChristianH7,
    We have already reported this issue to our development team and it will be fixed shortly.