After upgrading to 12.0.1 (41296) multiple full screen vm's has problems

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ivahost, Aug 26, 2016.

1. ivahost

ivahost Member

When swapping between 2 or more vm's in full screen mode using the 3 finger swipe or control arrow keys after about one second after switching osx snaps back to the previous vm again. This does not happen if swapping back to a osx controlled space. I can also prevent the snap back if I click with the left mouse button before the snap back happens.

I am running sierra beta 6

-Ivar

2. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

I was having the same issue. After the hot fix and un-ticking the capture control on screen click box the problem was gone.
    Configure<Options<Modality<Capture Keyboard and mouse on click< uncheck and try

3. ivahost

ivahost Member

Did not help me. I am not using modailty mode, only full screen mode. But unclicking that option did not change the behaviour. :(

But my main laptop that is on el capitan does not have the problem so it looks like its a combination of the sierra beta and the latest version of pd 12

4. DustinHullett

do you also have the use all displays in full screen check box ticked? You may very well be right. this could be an issue between PD12 and the beta version of mac os. I have not tried running the new sierra beta as my host os yet. I really can afford to take the chance of losing compatibility since my macbook pro is my main system. I do have the beta running in a parallels 12 VM thought and it works very well.

5. ivahost

ivahost Member

I am running the beta on a macbook. My main machine is a macbook pro 15". Neither of those machines have dual screens. Changing that option on the macbook has no effect on the snapback behaviour.

6. DustinHullett

you also reinstalled parallels tools after upgrading to the 12.0.1 desktop?

7. ivahost

ivahost Member

Yes, that happens automatically when starting the VM's after the update to PD

8. DustinHullett

yes it should but it does not always start automatically. i just wanted to be sure it had been done.

9. ivahost

ivahost Member

Installed the sierra GM release and the behaviour is still there. Using multiple VM's in full screen mode is almost impossible.

10. ivahost

ivahost Member

Just discovered another annoying bug when running a windows 7 vm under parallels 12 on GM of sierra.

When a windows title bar is at the top of the screen ad I click to move the window the whole screen is moved and a black area appears at the top. When I release the mouse button the whole screen snaps back to the top and the window has not moved. I then have to click further down in the title bar hoping that it extends below the area that causes the whole screen to move.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  11. ivahost

ivahost Member

The same problem is still present after the latest update to 12.0.2 (41353). Swapping spaces with control+arrow keys snaps back to the previously active vm in about 1-2 seconds unless i manage to get off a mouse click first