How to make Windows program links load?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by simonmason, Aug 29, 2016.

1. simonmason

simonmason Member

I just updated to Parallels 12. I have some shortcuts to Windows programs. Previously I would click on these, if Windows was not running then it would load, and the application would load. Now, when I click on the shortcuts it loads Parallels and I see the Control Center. I then need to click the Play button in the middle which loads Windows. Then I need to load the app manually. Do I have to remake my shortcuts or is something else preventing the applications from loading automatically - perhaps a setting?

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Simonmason,
    Perform the below steps & let us know how it goes.
    * Start Windows virtual machine & run your program
    * Find the icon for your program on your Apple dock
    * Make right click on the icon > Option > Keep in Dock ( To create a shortcut for your Windows program )
    * Close program and shut down Windows
    * Go to virtual machine configuration > Option > Start up and shut down
    * From the " Start Automatically " menu choose > When Parallels Desktop starts : Windows starts automatically when you start Parallels Desktop.
    Now when you click on the shortcut icon for your program created on Apple dock - Parallels Desktop , Windows virtual machine and your Windows program should start one by one automatically.
    You can check this link for more information on start up & shut down option. Feel free to reach out anytime, we are here to help.
    Thanks.

3. simonmason

simonmason Member

Thanks, that did the trick

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi simonmason,
    Feel free to reach out anytime for support.