Software allowing reading and writing to NTFS partitions has been found on your Mac. To be able to s

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by PaulM13, Aug 30, 2016.

1. PaulM13

PaulM13 Bit poster

Hi there,
    I'm running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6, although this issue was happening before I upgraded from Yosemite too. I have a Windows 10 VM running on the Mac via Parallels, and it's up to date.

If I try to suspend my Windows VM, or do a Parallels update while the VM is running, I get the following message:
    Software allowing reading and writing to NTFS partitions has been found on your Mac. To be able to suspend Windows 10, remove any such software from your Mac. I found a reference in another thread about checking the receipts directory, but only have files related to Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Lync Client there.

Can anyone help me understand and fix the problem?

Thanks,

Paul

2. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

3. PaulM13

PaulM13 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply - I had found that thread previously, and had checked the library folders that are mentioned, with no luck.

I had a look around my system and found that I'd installed Paragon NTFS when I upgraded my hard drive to 1TB SSD - I've disabled it and restarted the machine, but I still get the same message.

I noticed that the title of the message is 'Windows 10 uses an NTFS-formatted Boot Camp partition and cannot be suspended' - could it be that I need to change the set up of boot camp of the formatting of my windows partition?

I've also get an issue when the machine accesses the local drive, either on the mac or windows drives, I often get the Mac beach ball, and have to wait around 20 seconds for it to unfreeze. Could this be related?

Thanks loads for your help,

Paul