For the Developers

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DustinHullett, Aug 30, 2016.

1. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

This is a question geared towards the fine developers at parallels. I am no apple developer by no means but i know some and i have been a windows guy until about a year ago. My question is we all know windows sucks at handling high DPI displays such as the retina display on my 15 macbook pro. I understand that this is the Os's Fault not MAC or Parallels. But being as this is all running through a virtual display driver shouldn't we be able to upscale or pixel double the windows display output before displaying it on the retina screen the same way that apple does all their resolution? Would this not get rid of the fuzziness that we all see when running a useable resolution that doesn't break half of the programs in windows. So the solution would be to let windows output at a good resolution that doesn't break the UI of Software inside windows like 1680 X 1050 the scale this to the retina displays native resolution so it fits the screen correctly and doesn't appear pixelated or blurry? Is there a software out there that does anything like this that i can experiment with? I know that the correct way of handling this issue would be all the developers of the windows software to fix their outdated software but this isn't going to happen. Just like the software that i run everyday, RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500 and FactoryTalk View Studio, to program Automation Equipment. I just dont see Rockwell Updating to handle High DPI displays anytime soon if ever. This is one of the features i was most excited about when i ordered my macbook pro. A super fast powerhouse laptop that i could run multiple VM's on and a beautiful display with crisp clear text. There has to be a way to make this better than just using windows crappy DPI Scaling that breaks every program it touches. Not Knocking Parallels in ANY WAY! I love My parallels VM's and yes i have tried Fusion 8 pro. Didn't even Compare for me but i would like details and maybe someone more experienced with apple development to help here. Thanks