Problems after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterK6, Aug 30, 2016.

1. PeterK6

PeterK6 Bit poster

Hi,

After upgrading i have the following problems:

1. When activating an Internet link in a a Windows application (e.g. Outlook 2016) it starts my standard browser in Windows, and not in in AMc as I have set it to do, and as it have done with the former versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac (my standard browser is Google Chrome).
    2. Mac Keyboard is not working properly n Windows (Windows 10). Every standard letter in normal or in capital is working, but any special sign called via Alt og Shift+Alt is not working. For example it is no longer possible to create a $ sign in a Windows application. And this has not been a problem before.

Perhaps there are other issues, but this is what I have recognised up to now.

Anybody who have ideas to solutions?

2. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

3. PeterK6

PeterK6 Bit poster

Thanks a lot.
    My issue is not totally solved though. Now it chooses the right Chrome browser (Mac), but I still can not e.g. write a $ sign or any other specail signs using Alt and Shift+Alt in windows applications.
    What to do?

4. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

so shift and 4 dosent produce a $ sign?

5. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Peter,
    I am not sure if you have done this already, but this knowledge base article may help you http://kb.parallels.com/en/114309. Just make sure your Parallels tool are up to date.

6. PeterK6

PeterK6 Bit poster

Thanks kat,
    I have updated Parallels Tools, and both setting are exactly as shown in the article. The strange thing is that his has worked until I upgraded to Parallels 12

7. PeterK6

PeterK6 Bit poster

Funny thing is that using the left Alt key absolutely nothing happens, but using the right Alt key I get this, with the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 keys combined with Alt (1 and 6 are returning nothing)

Attached Files:

8. kat

kat Product Expert

Under >System Preferences>Input Sources
    My keyboard input:
    input source.jpg
    Which produces:
    keyboard imput.jpg
    Did you ever modify your number keys? If not I would create a problem report, and submit it to Parallels.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  9. PeterK6

PeterK6 Bit poster

I did not modify my number keys.
    My keyboard is returning this from keys in the top row of keys from $ to 0:

Attached Files:

10. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Peter,
    the difference in keyboard may be the difference in language, your windows header are in Danish. Your window 10 is a Danish version that could be the difference, and your Danish keyboard may be different than my US English.
    2016-09-04 11.34.29 am.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  11. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Peter,
    I change my language to Danish on my Windows 10, and used a Danish keyboard I also used a English keyboard under the danish language. There is a difference between keyboards. I hope this information helps you
    2016-09-04 12.38.35 pm.jpg

12. PeterK6

PeterK6 Bit poster

Check, Thanks ;)

13. kat

kat Product Expert

Your welcome, if you have any other question or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  14. cuong

cuong Bit poster

The strange thing is that his has worked until I upgraded to Parallels 12