[Parallels 12] Delayed Mouse Input

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AliciaL, Aug 29, 2016.

1. AliciaL

AliciaL Bit poster

Preconditions
    • Parallels: 12.0.1 (41296) Pro Edition
    • Report ID: 114411451
    • Platform: Hackintosh (Mac Pro 5,1)
    • CPU: i7 3930K
    • RAM: 64GB
    • GPU: GTX 680
    • Mouse: Corsair M65
    • Keyboard: Corsair K65
    • Trackpad: Wacom Intuos
    • Mouse/Keyboard Software Used: CKB, SmoothScroll, Wacom drivers
    Steps
    1. Launch Parallels 12
    2. Boot Windows 10 (Boot Camp) from separate drive
    3. Open a window (eg. Explorer) and move it around with my mouse and watch its movement
    4. Open a window and move it around with my trackpad and watch its movement
    5. Disable CKB, SmoothScroll, Wacom drivers and disable Smooth scrolling option, change Mouse field to "Don't optimize for games" and enable "Isolate Windows from Mac" option
    6. Repeat steps above
    Expected Result
    1. Mouse movements should be snappy, fluid and not delayed
    Actual Result
    1. Mouse movements are delayed, and feel like you are moving the cursor through molasses
    2. However when moving the mouse with my trackpad, it is perfectly snappy
    3. Even performing the actions listed in step 5 did not garner a fix
    4. Parallels 11 did not have this issue

2. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

have you tried installing a driver for your mouse inside the windows vm? I know it wasn't needed before in version 11 but some people have had this resolve the slow mouse issue. I have tried reproducing it but i do not have a Hackintosh to use to try to make the issue appear.

3. AliciaL

AliciaL Bit poster

The drivers do not detect the mouse unless I "plug" my mouse into my virtual machine. And just connecting my mouse seems to fix the issue without the drivers. However it's not very practical to use because I can't see my cursor moving then, or use it outside of Windows.

Thanks so much for the input :)
    I'll be trying some other methods as well to see if I can get anything to work.

4. bed@abednarz.net

bed@abednarz.net Junior Member

I too have this issue with my external Razer mouse. Worked perfectly in Parallels 11 without needing to 'connect' it to windows. This is a serious downgrade of functionality :(

5. AliciaL

AliciaL Bit poster

It's certainly a bummer. Apparently Parallels Support is ignoring this thread because they "don't support hackintoshes..." whatever that means. It seems related to the bluetooth mouse issue that also has some traction in this forum, and it certainly has nothing to do with my computer being a hackintosh. That's ridiculous.

We can only hope for a reply/fix from Parallels.

6. bed@abednarz.net

bed@abednarz.net Junior Member

Let me categorically state, I am on a late 2015 Retina iMac (running the latest Sierra dev beta). This issue absolutely has nothing to do with hackintoshes.

AliciaL likes this.
  7. AliciaL

AliciaL Bit poster

I have installed a fresh copy of macOS Sierra and the problem seems to persist even on a fresh install. I have tested this before, and after I set up everything.