Problem Renewing Parallels License

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LeoB1, Sep 1, 2016.

1. LeoB1

LeoB1 Bit poster

I am running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 on an older Mac Book Pro. Once my Parallels license expired I attempted to renew and was told to upgrade to Parallels 12, but it seems not to be compatible with my Mac operating system running a 10.7.5. Since my Mac Book is older I am not sure that I can upgrade the operating system. I got the error message that it will not run on anything less than OS X 10.10.10.
    I wrote and asked an earlier version, Parallels 10 and received a key for that, but I then received a message "unable to perform the operation" license server rejects it.
    I am an Accountant and I have previous tax returns I cannot get access to because i can open up Parallels. So does anyone have any ideas.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi leoB1,
    Have you tried to re download your older version of parallels that you have a license for. If you put your original version back onto your mac, I believe that you should be able to access your files and make copies of them. It appears that Parallels has not yet posted a link to 10. If I remember correctly the subscription format (Parallels Desktop for Mac, Pro Edition, and Business Edition) started with Parallels 11.
    If you don't remember your License Key go to Parallels log into your account, > Subscriptions and Licenses>Subscriptions List>Look for your Licensed version click on that, the next page will have your license key.

If the above information is not helpful to you I would contact the customer support person you wrote to in-order to get the license for Parallels 10 and ask for a link to that download.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. LeoB1

LeoB1 Bit poster

Unfortunately the old version has expired. So I'm still basically locked out of getting my files.

4. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

I would defiantly call support and get this resolved. If you were given an updated key they can convert it back to your older version

5. kat

kat Product Expert

I agree with Dustin, I would contact Customer Support and explain the issue.

6. LeoB1

LeoB1 Bit poster

I did write customer support. My current license is expired, but they tried to give me an earlier version Parallels 10, but when I put in the license they gave me I got the message "unable to perform the operation" license server rejects it. After that customer support sent me to Parallels support, which is basically this forum. So now I'm here and I don't have a solution.

7. DustinHullett

No parallels support should be a support engineer that can help you over the phone

8. LeoB1

LeoB1 Bit poster

Dustin, I don't see any place where their is a Parallels support line. I have a problem with company's that sell a product then don't support it.

9. DustinHullett

You have to go login to your parallels account on the main parallels page and request support. You should then be able to skype an engineer or schedule support in which they will call you. I would skype so you get someone immediatly

10. LeoB1

LeoB1 Bit poster

Do you have a link to that page? I'm an accountant and I have 2014 data that I can not get to and I'm getting pretty frantic.

11. kat

kat Product Expert

I have a question, who did you talk to in order to get the older parallels 10 license.
    Nest question is you purchased a parallels 12 license?

Link to customer support from your account go to https://www.parallels.com > my account> log into your account> support

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  12. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

@kat - thanks for bringing this out to our attention!
    @LeoB1 - we created a support ticket for you and will help to get this fixed ASAP.