Issues With Keyboard Lag / Dropped Keystrokes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Simon0, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

Per the title, I am seeing issues with 11 & 12 whereby keystrokes are dropped when typing almost like a lag issue. Can be typing sentences and Parallels doesn't seem to keep up and drops keystrokes. Anyone else seen this and have a solution ? Thanks

2. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

I have pinpointed this down to the HID Keyboard Driver. In other words if I force Parallels to connect to the USB keyboard the lag seems to diminish however I want to use the keyboard between the Mac and Windows of course ! Therefore when I let the keyboard be used on the Mac, the HID driver in Windows disappears and only the PS/2 driver remains and of course the lag is there with it. Anyway to solve this so that HID driver is there period so I can use on both without having to force one way or the other ? Thanks

3. Alan4

Alan4 Bit poster

I can confirm, this is the issue with apparently graphical lag, was actually just mouse lag.

4. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

Does anyone know how to force the HID Keyboard driver to continually be loaded without force pairing it to the VM (as like I said I want to use it natively on the MAC as well) ? If not then Parallels team, can we get an answer or solution for this ? Thanks

5. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

Would love to see an udpate/answer from @parallels on this as it is a big issue and right now is also present in 12 so personally I will not be upgrading until this is fixed.

6. snsokstan

snsokstan Member

My keyboard periodically just stops working right. When I press a letter, the cursor jumps to other fields. It's like letter keys turn into TAB keystrokes or something.
    What a disappointing upgrade to v12

7. MichaelJ7

MichaelJ7 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. My Control/Option/Command and Shift keys are not catching when I work in Parallels. Please help!

8. SamB4

SamB4 Bit poster

I have a similar issue... Running Parallels 12.
    In windows 10 Guest:
    If I press ALT + Tab to switch between applications it is okay as long as I don't move the mouse-cursor (by touchpad builtin in MBP or USB Logitech mouse). As soon as the mouse cursor moves one pixel, the ALT key seems to be released by Parallels. So the result is that I start to press TAB solo.
    The same issue happens with copy/paste (all commands involving holding one key down while pressing another...) ALT, CMD, CTRL...

//Sam

9. SamB4

SamB4 Bit poster

Updates???!!!

10. SamB4

SamB4 Bit poster

After I have noticed the same behavior in Microsoft Remote Desktop, I started to look outside Parallels. I had an applicatin: Karabiner-elements, that have caused this!
    Maybe other than me have this issue?... :)
    //Sam

MichaelJ7 likes this.
  11. MichaelJ7

MichaelJ7 Bit poster

Any updates? This is seriously killing my Parallels experience. I have to hit my Control/Command/Option/Shift keys 4-5 times very hard just to get them to register. Please help!

12. MichaelJ7

MichaelJ7 Bit poster

Was this on your Mac OS side or on your virtual Windows?

13. MichaelJ7

MichaelJ7 Bit poster

I believe mine is only happening with Microsoft Remote Desktop too...

14. SamB4

SamB4 Bit poster

MichaelJ7 likes this.
  15. MichaelJ7

MichaelJ7 Bit poster

I finally decided to upgrade to Parallels 12 (for Mac Sierra) and my keyboard issue is gone. This is shady but whatever. I'm good now :).

16. Guys, please update your Parallels Desktop 12 to the latest (minor) version - 12.0.2-41353.
    Also as a probable solution (if the update didn't help) please try to use option "optimize for games" in VM configuration -> Option -> Mouse and Keyboard

17. Guys, please update your Parallels Desktop 12 to the latest (minor) version - 12.0.2-41353.
    Also as a probable solution (if the update didn't help) please try to use option "optimize for games" in VM configuration -> Option -> Mouse and Keyboard

JoseI4 and MichaelJ7 like this.
  18. MichaelJ7

MichaelJ7 Bit poster

The "Optimize for Games" did it, Maria! Amazing now!

Just FYI, I still had the issue after the update.

Much appreciated!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  19. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

I am still seeing this issue and after purchasing Parallels 12 yesterday am less than happy that this issue still exists. Again if I force connect the keyboard to the VM only (not shared with Mac) then no typing lag or dropped text, if I connect it in a shared fashion the issue is there. Can we please get a fix for this Parallels team ! Thanks

20. Simon0

Simon0 Junior Member

For reference, I also made sure I was on the latest update and that Optimize was setup and still seeing the same issue in the VM whether running as windowed or as coherence etc. Please fix this issue which appears to be in how the HID keyboard driver is being accessed. @Maria@Parallels can you please look into this