Playing Starcraft: Mouse bug when moving the mouse upwards ...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by flummi, Sep 8, 2007.

1. flummi

flummi Junior Member

Hi,

Parallels 3 is great, I now could play Starcraft, if there wasn't this mouse bug: When I am in the game, the mouse oftens stopes moving. It only happens when I move the mouse upwards and the mouse cursor just stops on the screen as if it was hitting the top border of the screen, as long as I move the mouse upward. But then, if i move the mouse to the left, right or downwards, the mouse cursor jumps to the position, where I would expect it to be if it didn't stop moving. It then continues moving arround until the bug occours again.

I have a MBP 2,3GHZ, Intel Core2 Duo, 17'' Screen. I am running Parallels 3.0 Build 4560, German version, running a BootCamp Partition in Parallels.

Does anyone else have this bug, too? Any suggestions on how to solve it?

Thanks a lot,
    Greetings from Germany,
    Flummi

2. kylemacr

kylemacr Bit poster

I'm not sure how to fix the bug - but I just want to be sure that you are aware that there is an Intel-native version of Starcraft for Mac OS X? And since the CDs are hybrid, there's really no reason you should have to play through Parallels.

3. flummi

flummi Junior Member

Wow, I didn't know that! Well I have a Starcraft/Broodwars CD from the year 2000 - I guess at that time, there was no Mac Version on the CD. But I will check in the stores next week, if the new version is hybrid.

4. flummi

flummi Junior Member

I recognized one more thing: the mouse bug only occurs when playing in Parallels full screen mode. It doesn't occur when playing in the OS-Window mode.

5. kylemacr

kylemacr Bit poster

6. OS9Alive.com

OS9Alive.com Member

I have the StarCraft Collection from "Years" ago and it is fully hybrid as all of Blizzards games have been.. They have always made Mac/Windows..

7. flummi

flummi Junior Member

Well, thanks a lot for the info! I just tried the OSX Starcraft Installer, but it keeps ejecting my Starcraft CD - I guess the CD is only for Windows as it has "For Windows 95 and NT" imprinted on it. :))
    Man, this CD is really old, so I guess I just buy a new one. It is only 10Euro here in Germany, so I can afford it. ;-)