Change disk size

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dhjdhj, Apr 7, 2006.

1. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

Where's the image tool that the program mentions can be used to change the size of a disk image?

David Jameson

2. Ahmedbm

Ahmedbm Bit poster

The user guide states the following "The current version of Parallels Workstation for Mac OS X does not include Parallel Image Tool."

Well that sucks because i just realized that i need an extra 4 Gigs to my VM partition :(

3. anshar

anshar Member

It will definetly be included in GA release. Because both GA Linux and Windows versions includes it.

4. Ahmedbm

Ahmedbm Bit poster

I looked into the advanced Hard Drive settings it states as being Increasing...does that mean the more i put on it the more it allocates?
    So i can actually ignore the HD size and just continue installing everything i want?

5. Nick

Nick Bit poster

I had the same problem and had to "recreate" the virtual disk. I lost everything in the process but I told it to allocate 40GB the second time around. Since it only uses what it needs you can set it to a high number and it will increase the disk allocation UNTIL it reaches that size.

6. Ahmedbm

Ahmedbm Bit poster

yeah well im too lazy to reinstall windows, even though its a fresh install :p

7. anshar

anshar Member

You can use Acronis True Image or Semantec Ghost to transfer disk image from one disk to another.

8. mdickey

mdickey Junior Member

Ghost

Have you had any success with this? I tried using a Ghost 8.0 boot disk and it caused my MacBook to reboot (not the VM, but OS X) :(

9. dgranda

dgranda Bit poster

I can boot with the Acronis rescue disk. It is currently restoring (I believe) a backup I made from when I was running xp on mac. It is very very very slow though.

10. mike3k

mike3k Member

Since I have a real Linux box, can I use the Linux tool to resize a Mac virtual hdd?