Documents will not print with Parallels 12

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Hi,
    Since installing Parallels 12 and using Windows 10, my HP printer will not print documents from the Windows environment. I have tried reinstalling both Parallels and the printer but the error remains. The error message is "The document failed to print. There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document". This applies to word and excel documents but pdf documents do print. It works fine to print the same documents from the Mac environment so the error must lie within Parallels 12. Printing worked fine with Parallels 11.
    Please help someone!

2. JaapS

JaapS Bit poster

Hi Bjorn,
    I'm getting the same error after installing Parallels 12. Hopefully someone has an answer to this problem.

3. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

have you installed the 12.0.1 hot fix? This is an issue that has been addressed with the patch. If the problem still persist's please provide me with your current configuration
    You can screen shot if you would like. Open up your VM configuration and select hardware and shared printer. Thanks

4. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    Please uncheck "show page setup options before printing" under shared printers and check how it works!

5. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

same problem here after update yesterday to 12!
    Printing is hard now! After a lot of trail and error it dit work for the rest of the day. Today it isn't working again:
    There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document.

It is solved with unchecking it as suggested...
    but then I don't receive page setup anymore.
    I would like to have the setup page!!

How can it be fixed?!

6. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

Printing like suggested works but gives 2 print tasks to printer. 1 is done the other, n 2 says: parallels Print Job can not be opened ...
    So it isn't the correct solution?
    Another fix?!

7. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

definitely an issue with sharing the printer...

Printer works fine only not anymore under 12 (dialog setup issue?)

8. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

The issue is under investigation by our devs . We are planning to fix it in one of our future builds. Stay tuned for updates.

9. DomenicoL

DomenicoL Bit poster

Same problem here.
    Just updated to Parallels 12 12.0.1 (41296) and I cannot print due to parallels internal error.
    Yes, I applied the workaround disabling the dialog setup, but it is a no go in the long run!
    I need that feature.
    I'll be waiting for and update.
    Thank you

10. ThomasS11

ThomasS11 Bit poster

Same problem for me on Paralles 12 12.0.1 (41296), I get an error message in Windows telling me an internal error occured and that's not possible to print the document. My printer is setup on Mac and correctly shared to windows...

11. Fedorv

Fedorv Bit poster

The problem also occures while I have setup the printer from within Windows. Is there a workarround that will keep working
    From a printer setup within Windows the same problemen occurs. Is there a workarround that will keep working?
    I hope this is a high priority bug because the impact can be high on business...

12. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @Fedorv
    This issue has been fixed in the latest build of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build and check how it goes!

13. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

SOLVED! THX for the quick update...

14. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @JanA3
    You're very welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime.

15. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

The issue is back and I work around the issue.
    So the problem is not solved.
    I have this since the upgrade to 12 and installing all the new updates...

The error message is "The document failed to print. There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document".

16. DavidS27

DavidS27 Bit poster

I have the same issue, I am unable to print if the box "show page setup options before printing" is checked. I also have the latest version.

17. MichaelK9

MichaelK9 Bit poster

Same issue here - latest update of Parallels 12 - running on Sierra public beta 3

18. Guna@Parallels

Please open virtual machine configuration > switch to Hardware tab > Shared Printers and make sure the "show page setup options before printing" is unchecked

19. Guna@Parallels

20. Guna@Parallels

Could you please generate a Problem Report ID & post it here? We'll check & help you out.