2 android tablets

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by Parallels User, Apr 24, 2016.

1. I have installed the Parallels client on two Samsung 10,1 inch tablets.
    Samsung Tap SM-T520 with Android 4.4.2 and Samsung GT-P7510 with Android 4.0.4
    On the first tablet it works fine to acces my virtual machine at work.
    On the second, on which I used the exact same configuration, it doesn't work:
    code[1a/00000001] The specified connection could not be found.
    On both tablets the VPN connection is OK.
    I don't know what goes wrong
    Can anyone help?

2. Hello RuudR, try to disable VPN on your second tablet (Android 4.0.4) and let us know if you are able to establish the connection. The error code[1a/00000001] means that client cannot find connection which has been mentioned in Connection properties (in RDP Client)
    (there is you need to add IP address or full network name of the device.)
    As a probable solution, you can also contact your RAS Administrator and ask him about this issue.

3. KristinaV

KristinaV Bit poster

Thanks for the help! I`m new here, so I`m looking forward to find some answers.

4. tabolifyt

tabolifyt Bit poster

It seems like you're encountering an issue with the Parallels client on your second Samsung tablet. The error message "code[1a/00000001] The specified connection could not be found" suggests that the client is having trouble establishing a connection to your virtual machine. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your second Samsung tablet has a stable and working internet connection. Sometimes connectivity issues can prevent the client from connecting to the virtual machine.

2. VPN Settings: Since you mentioned that the VPN connection is okay on both tablets, double-check the VPN settings on the tablet where you're facing the issue. Make sure that the VPN settings are correctly configured and match the settings on the first tablet where it's working.

3. Firewall or Security Software: Sometimes firewall settings or security software on your tablet can interfere with the connection to the virtual machine. Check if there are any settings that might be blocking the Parallels client's access.

4. Update Parallels Client: Ensure that the Parallels client on the second tablet is updated to the latest version. Older versions might have compatibility issues with certain Android versions or devices.

5. Reinstall Parallels Client: If updating doesn't help, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Parallels client on the second tablet. This can sometimes resolve any software glitches that might be causing the issue.

6. Check Configuration: Double-check all the configuration settings you entered in the Parallels client on the second tablet. Make sure that they match the settings from the first tablet where it's working. Pay attention to any typos or mistakes.

7. Contact Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you might want to reach out to Parallels support. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps based on your setup and configuration.
    Remember to document any changes you make during the troubleshooting process so that you can easily revert them if needed. It's also a good idea to reach out to your IT department at work, as they might have insights into the specific setup and configurations needed for accessing the virtual machine.

Please note that the information provided here is based on general troubleshooting guidelines, and your specific situation might have unique factors to consider.