Upgrading from Parallels 8, will not take the old key when installing 11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BruceB2, Apr 5, 2016.

1. BruceB2

BruceB2 Bit poster

Upgrading from Parallels 8, will not take the old key when installing Parallels 11.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello BruceB2, Customers who are using Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. As you have already purchased an upgrade copy of Parallels Desktop, we can offer a link to pay the difference in amount which will let you buy the full version of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Please check your private message for more information.

3. BruceB2

BruceB2 Bit poster

thanks, just waiting to hear back from you now.

4. Hello BruceB2,
    Kindly check your private message.

5. ParallelsU35

ParallelsU35 Bit poster

I have the same problem - I bought the upgrade before realising my old version was too old.
    Can you please send me a link to pay the difference in amount
    Thanks

6. Hello ParallelsU35,
    Kindly check your private message.

7. HeinrichF

HeinrichF Bit poster

I am having the same problem too - just bought the upgrade without seeing any hint on the fact, that V8 is not eligible.
    Can you also send me a link to pay the difference?
    Thank you
    Best regards

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license key and the order number in private messages.

9. PAULB7

PAULB7 Bit poster

I also need this. Like the previous post, I did not see any indication that 8 was not eligible.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  10. PAULB7

PAULB7 Bit poster

Bueller, Bueller? Anyone?

11. Hello PAULB7,
    Kindly provide your order number in the private message.

12. AshikK

AshikK Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem too. I had parallels 9 and purchased the upgrade to 12 thinking that it will work. Actually, it showed the upgrade to link from inside parallels 9 application and took me there to the upgrade page, so I didn't care to read the description carefully. Can you help me to convert it to a full purchase by letting me pay the difference.

13. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi AshikK,
    Please check your private message and reply us.
    Thanks

14. GianniK

GianniK Bit poster

Hello!
    I need your help activating my product.
    Afew days ago i renewed my subscription for Parallels Desktop for Mac PRO and after the renewal the software keeps asking me for activation.
    I enter my activation No, but it asks me for a previous product key as it says "your product is an upgrade". Before the renewal i had no activation issues.
    I used to have version 8 and then, last year, i purchased a subscription for Dektop PRO.
    I need your quick support because i cannot work on my computer.
    Thank you.

15. KristofP1

KristofP1 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem. Could you send me the link to buy the full version?

16. Hi KristofP1, the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac is available for purchase at the Parallels Online Store: http://www.parallels.com/c-store/
    Please refer this article for further details on Parallels Desktop purchase.

17. KristofP1

KristofP1 Bit poster

Hey I know but I allready bought the upgrade. Can you deduct the price from the upgrade from the complete version that I have to buy?

18. KristofP1

KristofP1 Bit poster

Could you help me out as soon as possible as I am not able to work on my computer now

19. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @KristofP1 ,
    In this scenario, we can refund the purchase and you can buy the full version of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Let me know if we can proceed.

20. KristofP1

KristofP1 Bit poster

Please do so