Black screen in multimonitor Full Screen after the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MattL2, Aug 24, 2016.

1. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

latest update of 12.02 didn't fix anything? Im not sure what was changed. the monitor issue is exactly the same. The work around still works fine but my only issue is that i have to click like a madman to keep my VM in focus when i have more than one VM running (Which i usually do all the time) or i get swiped back to the last screen that was in focus.

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  2. BillM4

BillM4 Member

Parallels 11.2.1 fixes this... works great in Sierra... what a joke...

3. MatthewF3

MatthewF3 Bit poster

Parallels, you guys have GOT to get this thing resolved. As another poster mentioned with almost every major release, something get's hosed with full-screen external monitors on the VM. I'm running a macbook pro 17 with two external monitors (so a toal of 3 including the macbook screen). When in my Win7 virtual machine I have to swipe between monitors to do my work. I've been working on a large software development project for the last month or so (started right around the time Parallels 12 was released) and not being able to see my Win7 desktop extended across all three monitors at the same time has had a very MAJOR impact on my productivity! You're killing me.

PLEASE, PLEASE GET THIS FIXED NOW!

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  4. TomW6

TomW6 Junior Member

Just coming back to check... nope, still doesn't seem fixed. Still running v11 on Sierra.

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  5. JasonG3

JasonG3 Bit poster

Guys, just upgraded and i am in the exact same boat. What is going on? this is the worst! worked fine in 10 and 11... FIX NOW!

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  6. AdamS8

AdamS8 Bit poster

Agreed, downgraded back to 11 and all working just fine. Wish I could get my upgrade money back.

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  7. CraigS4

CraigS4 Junior Member

I agree that this is a giant step backward. YES the upgrade to 12.0.2 now allows you to use fullscreen on all monitors IF you have "monitors have separate spaces" checked, but as I use spaces (across all monitors, not separate) extensively, that's an awkward way to work. And as it's something that used to work in the past (multiple monitors without having "monitors have separate spaces" enabled), I don't see the difficulty in just keeping that functionality. Certainly that's easier to implement than "Coherence" mode?

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  8. MattL2

MattL2 Bit poster

I also downgraded. Come one guys get this fixed or tell us you are not going to fix it so we can find alternative software.

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  9. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @MattL2
    Our development is working on this issue and it will be fixed in the future build.

10. appzattak

appzattak Bit poster

How hard can this actually be. It worked in the previous versions and now it does not. Can you please make this a priority and release a working fix already!

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  11. ScottA5

ScottA5 Bit poster

Speaking as a long time user of PD since version 7 and surviving numerous apple software OS releases among >20 different workstations,
    there are indeed little and sometimes big OS surprises that occur between versions that can be overlooked even though OS looks similar to previous versions :(

However
    a multi monitor work environment among us VM users is very popular and should be thoroughly tested before a new release of PD

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  12. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @appzattak @ScottA5
    Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac supports only native Mac OS Full Screen mode. Any other application on a Mac will behave the same way: after entering full screen with the external monitor attached, the image on external display will be black. This is the native macOS behaviour.

13. appzattak

appzattak Bit poster

Why does it work with Parallels Desktop 11?

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  14. ScottA5

ScottA5 Bit poster

Why is it different than the El Capitain and PD 11 behavior then -
    i.e. in Mission Control I would have the Displays have separate spaces unchecked and in the VM Win 7 the other monitors would show the Win 7 desktop
    Now in PD 12 and Sierra, they are black and not usable on our test machine and we have to enable the "displays have separate spaces" which is not preferable for us

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  15. ByronC1

ByronC1 Bit poster

It seems odd to me that this major of a flaw could have gotten by testing into a release product. Is it possible that they were unaware that one of the primary uses developers have for Parallels is to display two operating systems simultaneously on a dual monitor configuration?

Mac Pro 5GB likes this.
  16. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

I am having the same issues also. I cannot believe everything worked fine in El Capitan and not in Sierra with Parallels 12. I also am not a fan of running displays with separate spaces. I really wish you would fix this as soon as possible.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  17. ByronC1

ByronC1 Bit poster

The silence is deafening.

18. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

Parallels, are you even working on this issue? It would be good to hear an update.

19. JeremyK3

JeremyK3 Bit poster

When I go full screen (with the OS X little Green window control), I get logged out of Mac OS X. HUGE BUG! Anyone else?
    (rMBP 2014, Sierra, PD12, Ubuntu Desktop VM.)

20. PhilipD1

PhilipD1 Bit poster

Can you get a refund for updating to 12? I sent an email to support and felt like a monkey responded to my email.

There still seems to be an ongoing problem with "Display have separate spaces" I've had that clicked off as I'm working with a 15" MacBook + two 23.5" monitors and constantly clicking back and forth on both screens. On parallels 12 I cannot have that option clicked off, my two monitors go black and the only solution right now I've found is to have that clicked on. That doesn't work for me as it lags a lot with the work I'm doing.

Is there going to be an update for this anytime soon? Its been on going for 2months.

I love the reply,

"Hello,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Kindly update Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac"