OpenGL in Parallels 12?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jason11, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Jason11

Jason11 Bit poster

Hey Guys,
    Wondering if I should bother upgrading to Parallels 12. I use Steam for gaming on my mac and wanted to get some "windows only" games going. Some require OpenGL 3.2 and above and currently (as you all know) parallels 11 only supports 2.1.

Does anyone know what version of OpenGL is supported in Parallels 12?

2. ErikT2

ErikT2 Member

How can I find that info? I'm in windows 10 64bit. Only settings I see in the parallels settings are for DX10 (still). Very disappointed from that aspect of things. How can I tell what OpenGL is supported?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hey, I would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution.

4. MichaelR14

MichaelR14 Junior Member

It is OpenGL 2.1; If you need higher than OpenGL 2.1 move over to VMWare 8+.

5. FriedrichW

FriedrichW Junior Member

Any news about this topic? I can not use parallels now anymore because of these problem

6. Seidenschnur

Seidenschnur Bit poster

Just bought a software, now i can´t run it because it needs OpenGL 3.X. What´s the shedule for OpenGL in Parallels?

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution. Please stay tuned for the updates.