Magic Trackpad 2?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrandonW2, May 19, 2016.

1. BrandonW2

BrandonW2 Bit poster

Hi guys! Im new to the forum but i have been using Parallels for over a year now. I am running Parallels Desktop 11 in OS X 10.11.5. I recently purchased a magic trackpad 2 and for the most part everything is working however windows 10 doesn't recognize the trackpad as a touchpad. It acts just like my mouse so i am unable to use any gestures other than simple scrolling (like the middle scroll wheel of a mouse). Any ideas on how to get windows to see the trackpad as a precision touchpad?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi BrandonW2, please open virtual machine configuration and go to Actions > Configuration, switch to Options tab and choose More Options to check "Enable swipe from edges" and let us know how it works.

3. BrandonW2

BrandonW2 Bit poster

I just made that change and it doesn't seem to be performing any different. The VM is still treating the trackpad as though it is the magic mouse. Windows still doesn't recognize that I have both a touchpad and a mouse connected and software that uses touchpad gestures still treat the trackpad just like the mouse. Any other ideas?

4. AlexA4

AlexA4 Member

So basically unless Apple writes a driver for Windows 10, the magic trackpad is useless.