Can't access Mac from web client

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by MattH4, Aug 11, 2016.

1. MattH4

MattH4 Bit poster

Everytime I try to access my Mac from the web UI, no matter the browser, I get "Connection to the remote computer has been unexpectedly terminated. Close Parallels Access Web Console and start it again"

I can connect from my phone/iPad fine, and using the web client to access a Windows PC works fine.

The host is running macOS Sierra Beta 5, latest version of Parallels Access.

2. KevinD1

KevinD1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem connecting to my MacBook yet I can connect to my iMac no problem.

3. Schlumpf

Schlumpf Bit poster

here it is just the other way round, I can connect to my MacBook - but not to my iMac, same settings on both machines, weird

4. Jasond4

Jasond4 Bit poster

Upgraded to Sierra yesterday; now unable to connect to my MacBook Pro via web console.

5. Schlumpf

Schlumpf Bit poster

anyone closer to a solution? first level support had me jumping through all the usual hoops, no solution so far, they informed me on Thursday that it has been pushed to 2nd level support, but ever since, no new information received

6. JonathanS5

JonathanS5 Bit poster

For what it is worth, I have been having exactly the same problem. Upgraded to Sierra and now unable to connect to my MacBook Pro via web console.
    Fingers crossed for a solution.

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

Same here. Also iOS clients don't work. Their support is dismal, and it's very disappointing that they haven't yet solved this. I will most likely have to look into one of their competitors.

8. cgmpowers

cgmpowers Bit poster

I am too having the same problem. I was able to use it on Friday, but Monday I cannot. I cannot access my MacBook Pro from my work Windows computer today, but could last week. I can also access it via my iPhone at work but again, not from the Windows PC.
    I haven't made any changes to my MacBook Pro or Windows computer between when it was working last week until today.
    Very frustrating..
    Chris Powers

9. MarioB5

MarioB5 Bit poster

I've had this same problem for over a week. I assume it's a problem with Sierra since I upgraded to it recently. When I try to connect through the web client. I get "Connection to the remote computer has been unexpectedly terminated. Close Parallels Access Web Console and start it again". When I try to connect wit the Ipad app, all I see is a black screen with a spinner when I select an App.

10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

11. RogerE

RogerE Junior Member

I have not upgraded to Sierra and having similar problem. I cannot connect to either of my PC's ( One Windows and One Mac Mini ) through the web client . Says accessible and connecting and do not receive an error but still will not connect. I can connect to either with Ipad Pro App with no problem.

12. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

We had a temporary outage with the web client. This issue has been fixed. Let us know if you still experience this issue.

13. KentR3

KentR3

Found this old thread and am having the same problem trying to connect to another Mac. In both Firefox and Safari, I constantly get the error "Connection to the remote computer has been unexpectedly terminated. Close Parallels Access Web Console and start it again." The host Mac and the remote Mac are both Mac Mini M2s running Ventura 13.6. I didn't have this problem on my old Intel Mac Mini running 10.15.x Catalina. It makes Access pretty much unusable.

14. johnh86

johnh86 Bit poster

Clear your cache and cookie of your browser, if your are using VPN than temproy diabling them.