Parallels Access works on iOS, but not through the Web browser

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by JohnC25, Oct 4, 2016.

1. JohnC25

JohnC25 Bit poster

As the title suggests, I can access my Windows 10 machine remotely via the Parallels Access app on my iPhone, but when trying to access it through the Web browser, it just endlessly tries to connect.

I have tried different Web browsers.
    I have tried using different computers to access the remote host.
    I have tried disabling the firewall/anti-virus.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest Parallels Access version on the host computer.
    Port 443 is not the issue.

I mention all of these because these are the cookie cutter responses I get from support, but these are not the issue. It is clearly something else that is the underlying issue. I have opened a support ticket a few days ago (#2320842), but it has yet to be resolved.

After reading on these forums, this seems to be a common issue that has yet to find any sort of resolution, which is disheartening.

John

Shao-Lee likes this.
  2. RogerE

RogerE Junior Member

John,
    I am having the same problem and have tried the same solutions as you with no results. Just wondered if you have made any progress? I hesitate starting a support request because I have some experience with them and just seem to go in circles. Have never had them solve a problem yet.

I access both a PC with Windows 7 and Mac running El Capitan. Same as you my iPad App connects just fine but the Web Browser just tries to connect and does not display any error message. I have tried unchecking ask for a user name and password etc.

Have you tried anything else?

I like Parallels Access but have some issues with the iPad App unrelated to this problem. Support was no help at all. Would like to discuss these with you if you have time.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Roger

Shao-Lee likes this.
  3. GeorgeS6

GeorgeS6 Bit poster

I have it this problem too. And where you find it to add support request? I don't see on site not phones for support, not email, not add request. WTF?

Parallels, why access from browser not works now?

Shao-Lee likes this.
  4. AndreaG6

AndreaG6 Bit poster

Same problem starting yesterday. No parallels access via multiple browsers on either 1) Mac (El Cap) 2) browser on emulated PC (parallels, naturally) or independent PC. App on iphone connects easily and immediately. Something is broken.

Shao-Lee likes this.
  5. AndreaG6

AndreaG6 Bit poster

received this reply from support to tweet:
    "We will check with the concern team, it is a temporary technical issue. Thx, DY"

Shao-Lee likes this.
  6. EdJ2

EdJ2 Bit poster

Exactly the same issue here. Can connect fine with the android app, but unable to connect at all through a browser.

7. RogerE

RogerE Junior Member

Here is the link to start a support request.
    https://www.parallels.com/products/access/support/
    I do not want to even try it anymore, the last time I tried they ran me through everything I had already done and escalated it to the next stage then abandoned it. I even went into depth to explain the problem and submitted everything they ask for and to no avail. Does not seem as though they even listen to what you try to explain to them.
    If I can't resolve this problem I am going to cancel my renewal which is in March 2017 and then just go back to Team Viewer. At least it works and it is also Free !

Roger

8. GeorgeS6

GeorgeS6 Bit poster

Thx, I'm find their phone on this page (hidden contacts links at the bottom of the page). Phone not answered by 10 minutes... Ok, will try to add support ticket

9. ErynT

ErynT Bit poster

I am having the same issue. As of Thursday, October 6, the web browser connection worked great. When I tried again on Saturday, it would not connect. No error message, just looks like it's trying, then nothing happens and I'm back to the name of the computer with the red arrow underneath. App works from my android phone. But app is limited and I really need the full desktop offered by the wen browser connection. Please, Parallels, fix this! I just paid for a subscription last week and now I really need access and it's not working!

10. RogerE

RogerE Junior Member

Let is know if you are able to find a solution.

Thanks

Shao-Lee likes this.
  11. AndreaG6

AndreaG6 Bit poster

Shao-Lee likes this.
  12. RogerE

RogerE Junior Member

Looks like everything is working now.
    Thanks

13. RogerE

RogerE Junior Member

14. GeorgeS6

GeorgeS6 Bit poster

It works now. They fix the problem.

15. JohnC25

JohnC25 Bit poster

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy with work.

I got the usual tech support help as well, even though I had already done troubleshooting on my end and everything was up and running fine, so I knew it was on their end. After trying for over a week, I reached out on here and got a new tech support agent, who offered to control my computer remotely, which I was not fond of. I then switched to Chrome Remote Desktop to remedy my situation and it has been working great thus far.

I am happy to hear that they resolved the issue. I am going to try it out and see what it looks like for me. My subscription is still good until next month and while I love the product, I am not very impressed with their support. From reading this forum as well as from personal experience, it basically took an act of congress to get them to admit that it might be on their end and to actually have them investigate.

Let's hope this is a lesson learned.

Edit: I just tried, but still get the same result. It hangs up at the "Connecting" screen and the spinner continuously spins, regardless of how long I leave it running, displaying no error message. I canceled my subscription, unfortunately. I have paid for this product without it working for a few months now, but that is long enough. Thank you all for your responses and helping this get seen, and I am glad that the issue has been resolved for some of you.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime.

17. Justin9

Justin9 Bit poster

This seems to be happening again, anyone else having connection issues lately from the browser only?

18. BrianR7

BrianR7 Bit poster

It is happening again what am I paying money for if this keeps going down week to week, many of my work people have same problem, iPads and iPhones can connect but iMac's using browsers will not work. I think if people start canceling subscription than maybe you will fix this problem.
    I need help. Fix this fast it's causing me problems. Help?

19. BrianR7

BrianR7 Bit poster

Connection issue started at 12:05am on Oct 10, 2017 Central time. was connecting fine before that.

20. AndreasH7

AndreasH7 Bit poster

It worked yesterday but now it's again off

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017