I just update to MacOs/Sierra and no longer can get to Parallels Desktop 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ChristopherC3, Oct 10, 2016.

1. ChristopherC3

ChristopherC3 Bit poster

So I just update to MacOx 10.12 and I lost connection to my BootCamp install via Parallels Desktop. (The BootCamp does work as normal when machine restarted and option key held.) I'm trying to us the Pararllels Desktop "Add Existing Virtual Machine" but it sends me to a file browser and I'm not sure what file Parallels Desktop is looking for.

Please advise.

Cheers,
    Huckleberry

2. ChristopherC3

ChristopherC3 Bit poster

I Googled the issue.
    My understanding is that it requires a .pvm file (which is no longer present on my system). Is that correct?

3. Hamms

Hamms Bit poster

Hello! I just upgraded to the new os and was just wondering if anyone could help me? A few days ago I purchased the full version of Parallels 11, but when I went to install it I put in the activation key I got in my email but it's telling me that what I typed in was an upgrade key, and that I also need an activation key from a previous version. Can someone please find that previous version for me?

4. Hey, did you use Parallels Desktop before? If not - you need a full version(no an upgrade). If yes - please provide us with your email, which you use for the account registration.We checked this jkh*****@torquelaunch.com and found only Parallels Desktop 11 keys.

5. Please send us a private message with your email (we cannot share it in public thread)

6. As I understand you used BootCamp VM. Did you try to add your Bootcamp to VM once again?? Did it work?

7. martmeister

martmeister Member

I thought Parallels 11 and macOS Sierra was not supported based on your comment in my thread? Yet here you are helping to support it? Please advise.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi martmeister,
    After the release of latest Parallels Desktop 11 update, you will be able to use it on macOS Sierra.