PD10 Mouse lag

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KrisMcC, Aug 21, 2014.

1. DaveB1

DaveB1 Bit poster

Already did that - doesn't help.

I don't think this is just a settings problem as the issue is happening to many users. It appears to be worse if I use external (thunderbolt) monitors but not sure.

2. DaveB1

DaveB1 Bit poster

Is there anything else worth trying? Do you need me to create an issue after doing something specific? It seems like multiple people are hitting this issue and simply re-installing tools, etc isn't addressing it.

One additional note for my usage is that I have a thunderbolt dock with monitors plugged in. I'm not sure if that has any relevance.

3. saharmohamedali

saharmohamedali Bit poster

Submitted - I dragged a window around a bit and saw it skipping then clicked the report issue option.

4. GavinJ

GavinJ Bit poster

I am experiencing mouse and keyboard lag in PD10 - and am pretty sure it was fine in PD9.
    I am mainly using Visual Studio (but it happens in all windows programs) and have an external display - doesn't seem to make a difference if i run parallels on an external display or my MBPr main display.
    I've tried the steps on the mouse sync screen and they make no difference.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  5. matth1

matth1 Bit poster

Anyone try the new PD11 released today to see if it's fixed?

6. fredrik

fredrik Bit poster

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  7. JoshuaM4

JoshuaM4 Bit poster

I was having a serious lag issue when drag selecting things and on game interfaces using Parallels for Desktop 12. This article to worked for me:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/122888

It claims that this is a misconfiguration issue, but out of the box having to add a text flag for my mouse on boot up seems like something that should just automatically be handled.

Samuel L likes this.
  8. rule225

rule225 Junior Member

Hi there,
    I just installed PD 11 (Demo) on my Mac running OS X 10.9.5. Now, all OS X virtual machines have their mouse lagging heavily. See for yourself in these 2 videos I just made:

These are the same exact 2 VMs that were running fine (no mouse lagging) with PD 9.

All my Linux or Windows VMs are working 100% with no issue at all. I've tried all proposed solutions found, but to no avail:
    - Increasing VRAM assigned to the VM to 256: Fail
    - Decrease VRAM to 128, then 64, then 32, then 16: Fail
    - Enable optimize for games for mouse settings: Fail
    - Activate Mouse pointer sticks at window edges: Fail.

Now, I see that this issue has been reported more than a year ago to you guys and no sucessful solution has been provided yet. How can you help me solve this so I can buy my upgrade to PD 11? (PD 12 is not supported on Mavericks 10.9...)

So, now, what do I do?

Regards,

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  9. Samuel L

Samuel L Bit poster

This worked! Thanks!

10. rule225

rule225 Junior Member

Thanks for the link, but activating this flag just make my cursor disappear.

11. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hi @rule225,
    For mouse synchronization issue in Windows virtual machine, please try the steps article.
    Mouse configuration to Don't optimize for games steps followed.
    Then try reinstalling Parallels Tools steps.

12. rule225

rule225 Junior Member

Thank you for you response Raj. However, still not working. Adding the boot flat makes the cursor disappear, no matter if I reinstall the PD tools or not.

Any other idea?

13. OleksiiS

OleksiiS Bit poster

Disabling "Optimize for games" feature helped me to remove mouse lags which appears often after pause / unpause / reboot machine.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @OleksiiS, that's great! Thanks for sharing the information. Please let us know if you've any questions about the product and we are here to help!

15. AegisI

AegisI Member

I am mainly using Visible Studio room and have an outside show - doesn't seem compare unique car features if i run commonalities on an outside show or my MBPr main show.