Keyboard unresponsive

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mushrooshi, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mushrooshi

mushrooshi Bit poster

Hi I have a Macbook (not pro), and when I installed parallels tools the keyboard worked in parallels but in bootcamp the keyboard didn't respond!

i uninstalled Parallels tools, and I did the time restore thing, but it still doesn't respond!

it works in Mac Os X

only the On Screen keyboard works. I haven't tested out with a USB keyboard. I did install the drivers and such. the Mighty Mouse works.

2. mechcon

mechcon Junior Member

Interesting thing happened on my C2D MacBook Pro

I got a Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz and what happened was, I had it in sleep mode (lid closed) for a bit.. moved to another desk.. and the keyboard/trackpad decided not to work, so I thought OKAY I'll go and power it off, to the apple-option-P-R, no luck.

Then I started to panic a bit and chuck in (as suggested to a workmate) to run applejack.. (had to use an external keyboard to boot to single user mode... no go... then tried to boot into selecting a startup disk (holding option at bootup) and that worked a treat.

So now that it's working, I'd usually go meh, it wont happen again. but I'd love to know what could cause it, and WILL it happen again?

UPDATE: Glad to see nobody else has had that problem, I must be going insane *rolls eyes*....

so yeah.. getting to the Parallels assumption.. I'm using Vista, and occasionally... it asks about installing USB HID something.. I should have read that, sorry...

Update: AGAIN!!! here is the culprit!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. mushrooshi

mushrooshi Bit poster

OI realizd Windoze (grr) corrupted its own drivers for the keyboard. It had nothing to do with parallels.

I found out that with the limited ram, only 1 gb, I cannot run windows and mac efficiently and use the apps I want. So sadly I won't be using it anymore until my dad lets me upgrade to 2gb.

Thanks tho!