Sierra, Parallels, and Windows 10 Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by sgniwder, Sep 26, 2016.

1. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

I have upgraded to Sierra on my MacBook Pro and since that time I have had nothing but issues with my Windows 10 Anniversary VM. My system will be operating fine and then after a period of time, it no longer can see the files inside of the virtual machine. If I attempt to save an Excel file, it will hang at the screen attempting to find the directory. If I open Windows explorer, it does not see my C: drive or any other folders. I cannot open task manager or other products in order to stop this. I have used both Parallels 11 and 12 on this system in an attempt to see if it was an issue with a specific product, but it appears to now occur on both 11 and 12. I did not have any of these issues prior to moving to Sierra. If anyone can assist with this, I would really appreciate it.

WalterC3 likes this.
  2. Hi, you can try to reset your VM (Actions-> Reset), also add more CPU in the VM configuration (Hardware-> CPU and memory).
    BTW did you check the Activity monitor when you VM hang? Does your Windows takes a lot CPU?

3. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

I just wanted to share that I was able to finally resolve my issues by uninstalling Parellels tools, rebooting, and then installing them again.

4. Thanks a lot for sharing this!