OpenGL 3.2+ Support

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by ThomasP3, Mar 12, 2016.

1. GRay

GRay Bit poster

Same problem, very long standing issue 'since nov 2014' , very frustrating ( DELFTship, 3D hull form modeling ). It's time to think about giving up on Parallels!

2. ALEJANDRO2

ALEJANDRO2 Bit poster

Please do something!!

My graphic card support Open GL 4.5 but I can't run Dialux Evo because it requires support OpenGL 3.0 :(

copy past from Dialux site:
    "7. Is is possible to install DIALux evo on a Mac system?
    Our lighting design software DIALux evo is developed for Windows systems only and it is only these systems which we support.
    We can however give you a successfully tested workaround with which it is possible to use our DIALux evo software on an Apple system.
    It is possible to use both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version of our latest DIALux evo version with the virtualization software VMware Fusion 8.1.0 in a Windows environment on a Mac system.
    It is most probably not possible to install our latest version, DIALux evo 6, under Parallels, since Parallels does not support the OpenGL version which is used in our current evo version. When and whether there will be a version of Parallels which supports this OPenGL version, it is not possible for us to say."

come on boys!!

3. MichaelR14

MichaelR14 Junior Member

Given Parallels past upgrade policy, even if Parallels 13 would support OpenGL 3.2, you likely have to pay between $50 to $80, which is about as much as what you pay for Fusion 8.1 and you can have it now. The only barrier to jump is installed base and no real need for OpenGL 3.2. Parallels is toast.

4. BrianF5

BrianF5 Bit poster

To add my voice to this chorus, I'm having the same problem. I'm a long-time user of Parallels but this is a deal-breaker. Oh well, Parallels. Thanks for the good times.

5. SeanH4

SeanH4 Bit poster

Very disappointed that Parallels 12 STILL does not support OpenGL 3.0+.
    I've been following this issue since Parallels 8 launched in 2013 - and while the development team has continued to promise that they are working on this feature, it has yet to be implemented 3+ years and major 4 development cycles later. I've already purchased VMWare Fusion and will throw in the towel with Parallels if v13 doesn't include this functionality.

6. OngS

OngS Bit poster

Absolutely shocking that it is close to a year and still no fix for this issue.
    Bought Parallels just to use SketchUp Pro for Windows, and first error I get is:

- Your "Parallels using AMD Radeon R9 M370X OpenGL Engine" graphics card's OpenGL version is 2.1. SketchUp requires a graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.0 or better. Unfortunately, these errors will prevent SketchUp from running. Updating your graphics card drivers might fix the problem.

7. christopherw9

christopherw9 Bit poster

Related issue, not quite the same: Using the OpenGL 2.1 Multisampling extension (wglChoosePixelFormatARB), get a valid multisample pixel format for 8 samples (16), but the rendering does not seem to be using it. Works on native windows machines, just not here (Win8.1, parallels 12, OSX10.12.4, OpenGL version being reported by Parallels as OpenGL ver2.1 NVIDIA-10.16.34 355.10.05.35f05, 2GB video RAM allocated, running full screen on a single external display , 4K display connected via displayport). Will log an issue.

8. AntonyC

AntonyC Bit poster

Guys you really need to fix this so at least openGL 3.2 runs on parallels...I just found out today how bad this problem is and I have no choice but to move to VM Fusionware to continue to use a Mac in my job....This is not good....

9. DaisyW

DaisyW Bit poster

I am doing post-graduation in Information technology from the University of Greenwich and II don't much knowledge about open GL but last month I submitted project with the help of British Custom Essay. I got it that all graphics card does NOT encounter the minimum requirements of your desktop and Laptop. This is a renovated laptop, when my last one exhausted out on me. I attempt to update my drivers graphic card , it fails again and again which leads me to trust that the Intel Utility downloading drivers discordant and I don't consider my card supports OpenGL.

10. ColinH2

ColinH2 Member

Nothing to add to the discussion. Just wanted to check in every year or so to see if this problem was still true.

11. ThomasP3

ThomasP3 Bit poster

There will be a new version of parallels desktop soon ;-) but guess what, it will come again with opengl 2.1. Never change a running system. lol

Dear parallels, i will this time only throw money at you if i get opelgl > 2.1. Preferably 3.2 or higher^^

Thank you,
    Tom

12. davidef2

davidef2 Bit poster

hi
    could i have more info regarding the issue of OpenGL driver ?
    i have currently buy the parallel only to use the Dia_lux Evo in my laptop....and i have found the problem regarding it.
    There is any way Dial can suggest me to work with my Mac computer ?

i have spent 79,99 ....and I'm not working

thanks

13. TerjeU

TerjeU Bit poster

Now that v13 is here, has any one found out what OpenGL version it supports?

14. ColinH2

ColinH2 Member

It is still 2.1.

15. mariocha

mariocha Bit poster

This is absurd. !!! This is a no-buy.
    We continue working on OpenGL 3.0 support. The first results could already be seen in an update for Parallels Desktop 12, where we added support for such games as Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Now we've added support for DIALux evo and Northgard.

16. MichaelR14

MichaelR14 Junior Member

Seriously? Three (3) updates later and still no OpenGL 3.2+ support? VMWare is now owned by Dell, they'll take care of your business. No way that I will upgrade or even consider paying for an upgrade, when the time comes, VMWare will replace Parallels. Sad!

17. JanV2

JanV2 Bit poster

Still no support for 3.2??? We develop software that needs this feature. Until now we always recommended Parallels Desktop to our Mac clients. Do we need to have them switch over to VMWare? Not good for our business!

18. MartinK11

MartinK11 Bit poster

Same here - was waiting for OpenGL... Just empty promises - I am leaving Parallels platform now... So sad...

19. DougM3

DougM3 Bit poster

Same problem. I really do need OpenGL 3.2. Are they working on it or not???

20. MarkusR3

MarkusR3 Bit poster

OpenGL 3.2 Not working on Parallel 13 - Shaming!!! Forget it!