Bluetooth troubles

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SteveM6, Sep 23, 2016.

1. SteveM6

SteveM6 Bit poster

I have Parallels Desktop 12 and Windows 10.

I have configured the VM to pass bluetooth from the Mac to the VM.

Devices show on the Mac side but when I turn bluetooth on in Windows, nothing shows up.

1) If I have a device paired with the Mac, will it automatically be paired with Windows VM? It doesn't seem so.

2) If I have a device paired with the Mac, does that prevent the device from pairing with the Windows VM? I suspect so. However, I unpaid it with the Mac but it still didn't show up in Windows.

3) If I turn off bluetooth on the Mac, can I still turn on bluetooth in the Windows VM and have it work?

I've tried this with two different devices, both can be paired with the Mac, neither show up in Windows VM.

Any ideas would be helpful.

-Steve

ethomp likes this.
  2. AlexA4

AlexA4 Member

I'm having the same problem. Bluetooth device shows up in Mac, but not Windows. I've checked my VM settings "Share Bluetooth Devices with Windows" is checked. Please help.

3. AlexA4

AlexA4 Member

I have another issue. I've connected a Logitech UI Miniboom bluetooth speaker. It actually 'works' in that audio streams to it, but the quality is severely degraded. If I shut down the VM the audio quality playing back from macOS is fine. This points to me that something is seriously wrong with the Bluetooth Parallels bridge and needs to be fixed!

4. AlexA4

AlexA4 Member

Any progress here?