Mouse freezing on windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JimC2, Oct 24, 2016.

1. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Just updated sierra in the hope this would fix problem in parallels, since installing sierra. Unfortunately still no change. After being away from pc for a few minutes and moving mouse on return, it freezes and becomes unresponsive along with mac wheel image, this continues for a few seconds or for minutes, depending on the time away from using pc. (Using Windows 10/Parallells 12, although I have tried windows 7 & 8 virtual machines and still see the same problem) Can anyone help please as same virtual machine worked fine on yosemite . .

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try reinstalling Parallels Tools steps here.
    1. Right-click on the virtual machine name in Control Center and click Configure...
    2. Go to Hardware tab and open Boot order menu.
    3. In this menu go to Advanced Settings and add Boot Flag in the field:
    devices.usb.mouse=0

3. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hi @JimC2,
    Please try reinstalling Parallels Tools steps here.

4. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Thanks for above, triedboth previously, unfortunately dosen't make any difference to problem using the apple magic mouse. . .

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

1. Right-click on the virtual machine name in Control Center and click Configure...
    2. Go to Hardware tab and open Boot order menu.
    Try these steps
    2. Go to Hardware tab, select Keyboard and Mouse then select Auto Detect for games in the drop down and check.

6. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Thanks, but already set at that . . .

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If Auto Detect for games is not working means then try to use optimize for games and check. Make sure you have already added the boot flag provided in this article. If the issue persists, create a problem report id and share it here to check.

8. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Thanks, Using optimise for games just makes the cursor on screen difficult to control, moving very fast. Still have the initial problem of windows mouse freezing and becoming unresponsive for a period of time whilst the spinning wheel is on screen . . .

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear JimC2, please let us know the type of mouse are you using? Trackpad, magic mouse or external mouse?

10. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Its a apple magic mouse that comes with iMac

11. JimC2

JimC2 Member

the freezing only happens in windows, fine just using mac

12. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try updating Parallels Desktop to the latest build and see how it works.

13. JimC2

JimC2 Member

thanks, downloaded and installed just now, but no change, prob still there. . .pity was hoping an update would solve it, as the problem happens every time I leave machine and return and move mouse, very hard to use windows in this state. . . as you can appreciate. cheers thou

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  14. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Wondering if anyone is having this problem, as I've had it since updating to parallels 12/sierra, been stuck with issue since. Using windows is almost useless, might need to look at other options otherwise . . .

15. KarlA2

KarlA2 Bit poster

I've got the same problem.
    When my VM is in action and in full-screen, if I'm doing something on my Mac, my mouse pointer will freeze. I can then use CTRL + left / right keyboard cursor to switch workspaces, where I find my windows parallels install is unresponsive.

Eventually my windows install does spring back to live, and so does my mouse cursor. I wondered if there was some sort of 'sleep mode' enabled, but I've been through all the power settings and can't find anything relevant. The parallels power settings are active on the instance, and it's set to never go to sleep. I've also tried re-installing parallels tools.

Cheers,

K

16. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Sounds exactly same issues as me m8, stumped here, had it for about 6 months now not been able to solve. Must admit making me think twice about parallels for future use as it's making windows close to un-usable for me. . .

17. Richard3

Richard3 Member

Not sure if this is the same thing but I have noticed it for a few months, been assuming it was me getting on MacOS Beta, so I been holding on reporting.

I using windows in full screen, Ctrl+Command+F. When I slide to "Mac" and back to "Windows", windows sometimes does not respond to Mouse/Keyboard commands. When I Ctrl+Command+F to drop out of fullscreen Windows comes back to life (and anything I *had* clicked on engages).

18. JohnF7

JohnF7 Bit poster

I have the same problem, running latest ver Parallels 12 on OS Sierra on Mac Air 500. The Windows app (generally Word, but other Windows 10 apps as well) freezes. Going back to Sierra by left swipe on Apple Magic Mouse and then back again, repeated 2 or 3 times, releases the Windows app, until the next time, N number of minutes. Possible solution is to continue swiping left right but it's not exactly optimal, or what one expects from high class software

19. JimC2

JimC2 Member

Well just updated to Parallels 13, still have this same issue going on, which has been present since this time last year. Totally fed up with it, can't see me staying with Parallels much longer, had enough . .

20. DavidU3

DavidU3 Bit poster

Running MacOS Sierra 10.12.8, updated to Parallels 13. Had stuck mouse problem with all mice until adding boot flag 'devices.usb.mouse=0' per Raj's instructions. No further issues with two-button USB mice (iHOME IMAC-M210W, Logitech Anywhere MX Darkfield). Don't have a Magic Mouse to test.