Install Yosemite VM in Parallels 12

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JohnZo, Nov 14, 2016.

1. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

Using Parallels 12.1.0 (41489) and trying to install Yosemite from the original Install OS X Yosemite.app. Disk image is successfully created and the process goes all the way through to selecting the disk to install Yosemite on - MacIntoshHD. Continue brings up a dialog box that says "This copy of the Install OS X Yosemite application can't be verified. It may have been tampered with or corrupted with during download." Since I had previously used this app to install Yosemite on my main machine, I don't think this is the issue. I am suspicious of some kind of "phone home" protection.

Has anyone seen this and is there any workaround?

Thanks.

John

2. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

Never mind! It turns out that if you download Yosemite from the Apple app store, it installs properly. It is found in the Purchased section of the App store application. Maybe it will help someone else...

3. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

Spoke too soon. Can't install Parallel Tools in the Yosemite VM. In Devices, I can navigate to the proper pro-tools-mac.iso in the Tools folder but it doesn't launch.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear JohnZo, glad! you are able to install Yosemite as a guest OS in Parallels Desktop. Please share the exact error message while installing Parallels Tools, if possible share the screenshot of the error so that we could help!

5. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

Hi Paul,
    Sorry, should have amended this post. IIRC, I couldn't point to the .iso file from the application so I copied it to the desktop and then pointed to it. The install proceeded normally and I am up and running with Yosemite. (All this to run an application that is critical to me that the vendor refuses to update beyond Yosemite, Works fine in the VM.)

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!